Topics

New question: QRZ Logging

John Etling

Are there any plans to incorporate auto QRZ.COM logging? Would LOVE to have that capability so I do not have to type them into QRZ each time or do a massive upload. JTAlert can do it and that is fine when working JT65 but other modes, I have no way to auto upload them.

73 de K3JAE

John

It’s on the list, John.

Are there any plans to incorporate auto QRZ.COM logging? Would LOVE to have that capability so I do not have to type them into QRZ each time or do a massive upload. JTAlert can do it and that is fine when working JT65 but other modes, I have no way to auto upload them.

73 de K3JAE

John

Jim Pennino

In case people haven't noticed, QRZ.com now allows direct download from LoTW.

On QRZ.com, go to your logbook, click Settings, then click Setup.

After that, you click the "Download from LoTW" button.

Dave AA6YQ

DXKeeper has provided "Sync LoTW QSOs" and "Sync LoTW QSLs" functions since LoTW first became QRV. They update your logged QSOs to reflect acceptance by LoTW, and confirmation by LoTW.

Using QRZ's online log to download information from LoTW would not update QSOs logged in DXKeeper. For the DXLab user, doing so would provide no value.

See

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSLingLotW>

Jim Pennino

You can either add a feature to upload to QRZ directly, then you could upload to LoTW from dxkeeper,
update dxkeeper from LoTW and then upload dxkeeper to QRZ, or you can upload to LoTW from dxkeeper and then update QRZ from LoTW with things as they are now.

The latter method has been working just fine for me since QRZ added the feature.

Personally I would rather see effort put to things that can't currently be done in DXlab suite than adding
another method to do something that can already be done.

Dave AA6YQ

>>>AA6YQ comments below

You can either add a feature to upload to QRZ directly, then you could upload to LoTW from dxkeeper,
update dxkeeper from LoTW and then upload dxkeeper to QRZ, or you can upload to LoTW from dxkeeper and then update QRZ from LoTW with things as they are now.

The latter method has been working just fine for me since QRZ added the feature.

Personally I would rather see effort put to things that can't currently be done in DXlab suite than adding
another method to do something that can already be done.

>>>The plan is to provide an “Upload to QRZ” function similar to the existing “Upload to ClubLog” function.

      73,

                Dave, 8P9RY

KD2HCE@...

I've been using the latter method Jim states above. DXKeeper is main log, it sends out to LoTW and eQSL, takes info FROM them and updates itself, of course after a 15 minute wait on LoTW. Then as QRZ is FREE to DOWNLOAD from LoTW (QRZ only costs you to UPload to LoTW,) even still the XML subscription is worth the non-worry of too many lookups per day, you just do a download FROM LotW every 15 minutes as QRZ now has a timer installed. I think that would be an issue for DXKeeper to instantly update QRZ, it would have to sniff out that remaining time to query LoTW again.
Also: The best ~$13 (10Euro) ever spent, was on LogPublisher by DL9HO, the PITA factor went to zero if you use HRDLog. Automates everything. EVEN SENDS QSOs instantly TO QRZ, but I've found the download from LoTW is much more accurate, and negates any dupes when you do download from LoTW for confirmations. The method Jim uses seems to be the best overall for now. I've been doing it this way for over a year now.
Hope this helps,
73,
Chris - KD2HCE

I've been using the latter method Jim states above. DXKeeper is main log, it sends out to LoTW and eQSL, takes info FROM them and updates itself, of course after a 15 minute wait on LoTW.

+ Unless a contest just ended (as is the case at this moment), I rarely see the LoTW processing queue being longer than a minute or three.

then as QRZ is FREE to DOWNLOAD from LoTW (QRZ only costs you to UPload to LoTW,) even still the XML subscription is worth the non-worry of too many lookups per day, you just do a download FROM LotW every 15 minutes as QRZ now has a timer installed. I think that would be an issue for DXKeeper to instantly update QRZ, it would have to sniff out that remaining time to query LoTW again.

+ LoTW only accepts a limited amount of information for each QSO: callsign, date, time, frequency, band, mode, propagation mode, and satellite name. No signal reports, no QSO partner name or QTH information, and no QSL status information.

Also: The best ~$13 (10Euro) ever spent, was on LogPublisher by DL9HO, the PITA factor went to zero if you use HRDLog. Automates everything. EVEN SENDS QSOs instantly TO QRZ, but I've found the download from LoTW is much more accurate, and negates any dupes when you do download from LoTW for confirmations.

+ I've seen no reports here of "lack of accuracy" problems with LogPublisher. Please describe the accuracy problems you encountered.

+ Note that you can use DXKeeper's "Since filter" to select all QSOs made after a specified date, export those QSOs to an ADIF file, and then submit the file where-ever you like.

Rob Kivell

I agree 100%. I am a subscriber to QRZ and I couldn’t be happier with Log Publisher as an add on to DXKEEPER. The only thing I use to have to try to remember to open the program. Finally I said gotta fix that. I then added it to my start up menu. Life is now good.

Rob kk4eun

On Oct 26, 2020, at 11:57 AM, KD2HCE via groups.io <KD2HCE@...> wrote:

[...]

+ You can configure the DXLab Launcher to automatically start non-DXLab applications: the Configuration window's "Apps Started Before DXLab Apps" and "Apps Started After DXLab Apps" tabs provide Start buttons that enable you to start individual non-DXLab applications.

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/Launcher/Help/ControllingApplications.htm>;