New Motherboard

John AC4CA

Dell says they need to replace my motherboard. Are there any special things I need to consider for the DXLab Suite besides the obvious backups? I assume the Win10 Registry will come back the same, but don't know about any hardware-related hooks, etc. I've created a fresh workspace, as well.

Dell says they need to replace my motherboard. Are there any special things I need to consider for the DXLab Suite besides the obvious backups? I assume the Win10 Registry will come back the same, but don't know about any hardware-related hooks, etc. I've created a fresh workspace, as well.

+ I would assume the worst case on regaining possession of the system: all of your data has been lost. Instructions for backing up data critical to DXLab are here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BackupRecovery

+ Great that you populated a fresh Workspace; be sure to make a backup copy of it someplace safe.

John AC4CA

Just as a follow-up. The motherboard (Dell referred to it as a "system" board.) swap went off with not a single snags. The old processor went to the new board, so I'm sure that lessened the risk. Ran into some confusing issues with Workspace folders this time and will follow up with separate post.