Topics

need help with Satellite Tracking interoperation

suggested an approach in which the Satellite Tracking application directly controls the transceiver, and Commander "connects" to the
Satellite Tracking application as if it were a radio. I have extended the next version of Commander to obtain the uplink frequency,
downlink frequency, transceiver mode, and Satellite Name from the satellite tracking application SatPC32, and compute the Satellite
Mode from the uplink and downlink frequencies. This new version makes the uplink frequency, downlink frequency, transceiver mode,
Satellite Name, and Satellite Mode accessible to other applications; I have extended the next version of DXKeeper to automatically
populate the Capture window with this information, eliminating the previous need for manual entry when logging satellite QSOs.

Dave N9FN and Jeff KB2M have been assessing the stream of new Commander versions this effort generated, reporting defects and making
suggestions. Before making a public release, I'll like to test this new configuration on a version of Windows configured to use a
locale (language) other than English. If you've been using SatPC32 to make satellite QSOs use a non-English Windows locale, and are
interested in helping with this effort, please let me know via an email message to

aa6yq (at) ambersoft com

I'll send the new versions of Commander and DXKeeper to the first two qualifying responders.

Bill Pence

Wow.  This sounds like really great news?
I'd love to help. But my windows is english...

Doss this work with standard satpc32 or is something new required?

Thanks. Would be nice to get tx/rx freq auto populated.   I find sometimes the split freq I enter gets overwritten to both tx/rx having the tx freq. Sometimes I catch it sometimes I dont...

On Sat, Sep 21, 2019, 4:03 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
[...]

+ It works with the standard SatPC32.

Bill Pence

On the edge of my seat now waiting...