Topics

NA-E Spots

w5ec

I had a way I could see only spots from "NA-E" but somehow it disappeared.
It seems like I remember somewhere I could select "NA-E=Y" but I can not find anything about it.
Suggestions?
Thanks
Bill W5EC

The older I get, the more I forget!

ND9G Mike

Are you thinking about the checkboxes available when you click the Origin button on SpotCollector?

73,
Mike ND9G

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 9:30 AM w5ec <bhw5ec@...> wrote:
I had a way I could see only spots from "NA-E" but somehow it disappeared.
It seems like I remember somewhere I could select "NA-E=Y" but I can not find anything about it.
Suggestions?
Thanks
Bill W5EC

The older I get, the more I forget!

w5ec

Can't be that. The origin button check boxes have only NA-E and NA-M checked and I am still getting spots from all over.
Bill W5EC

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 10:02 AM w5ec <bhw5ec@gmail.com> wrote:

Can't be that. The origin button check boxes have only NA-E and NA-M checked and I am still getting spots from all over.
SpotCollector's main display does not show spots; it shows spot
database entries, where each spot database entry is comprised of one
or more spots (of the same callsign, on the same mode and approximate
frequency). The "NA-E" filter matches spot database entries including
*at least one* spot from a station in the NA-E region. It may or may
not be the most recent spot. If a DX station was spotted by your
neighbor, then subsequently spotted by someone on the other side of
the world, would you want that spot database entry to disappear from
view? Probably not....

73,

~iain / N6ML

Can't be that. The origin button check boxes have only NA-E and NA-M checked and I am still getting spots from all over.

+ That's correct. Checking those two boxes means "only show me active stations that have been spotted from NA-E or from NA-M". If a station was spotted from NA-E and EU, it will still be shown.

+ If you want to see stations spotted from NA-E or NA-M but not spotted from anywhere else, use this SQL expression

((NAE='Y') or (NAM='Y')) and (NAW<>'Y') and (EU<>'Y') and (AS<>'Y') and (OC<>'Y') and (AF<>'Y') and (SA<>'Y')