N1MM-DXLab Gateway issue with ClubLog auto upload

Ken Bandy, KJ9B

Good morning Dave, et al.  I have been successfully using the N1MM-DXLab Gateway for my personal call now for a good while without issue.  I am getting ready to start an annual special event station (W9ISF) that I do, using N1MM+ as the logger, but writing to the W9ISF DXKeeper log via the Gateway.  When testing, the operation of writing to the DXKeeper log works as expected, logging the contact in the W9ISF log.  However, I also have the “Upload to Club Log” box checked on the Gateway configuration.  When using this feature with my personal call in the past, everything works as expected, with the contacts being sent to ClubLog.  When attempting to use this feature with the W9ISF log, I get an error message stating “can’t upload to Club Log: QSO’s Station Callsign item KJ9B doesn’t match Club Log callsign specified on the QSL Configuration window’s Club Log tab”.

Obviously I do have separate Club Log accounts for both my personal call and the Special Event call, and in the DXKeeper QSL configuration the separate accounts are configured appropriately, and operate properly.  What am I missing?  It’s not going to be the end of the world if I can’t get Club Log to upload automatically for the special event, but I’m curious why I can’t get it to work.  I have an error log saved, if you would like me to send it to you, Dave.

Ken, KJ9B

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Good morning Dave, et al. I have been successfully using the N1MM-DXLab Gateway for my personal call now for a good while without
issue. I am getting ready to start an annual special event station (W9ISF) that I do, using N1MM+ as the logger, but writing to the
W9ISF DXKeeper log via the Gateway. When testing, the operation of writing to the DXKeeper log works as expected, logging the
contact in the W9ISF log. However, I also have the "Upload to Club Log" box checked on the Gateway configuration. When using this
feature with my personal call in the past, everything works as expected, with the contacts being sent to ClubLog. When attempting
to use this feature with the W9ISF log, I get an error message stating "can't upload to Club Log: QSO's Station Callsign item KJ9B
doesn't match Club Log callsign specified on the QSL Configuration window's Club Log tab".

Obviously I do have separate Club Log accounts for both my personal call and the Special Event call, and in the DXKeeper QSL
configuration the separate accounts are configured appropriately, and operate properly. What am I missing? It's not going to be
the end of the world if I can't get Club Log to upload automatically for the special event, but I'm curious why I can't get it to
work. I have an error log saved, if you would like me to send it to you, Dave.

+ When directed by another application -- like the N1MM-DXLab Gateway -- to log a QSO and then upload that QSO to ClubLog, DXKeeper
uses the Callsign specified on the "QSL Configuration" window's "Club Log" tab. What Callsign is specified there?

Dave, AA6YQ

Ken Bandy, KJ9B

Thanks for the reply, Dave. W9ISF is the call specified in the Club Log tab
on the QSL configuration window. After trying several things, and coming up
with results that didn't make sense (to me), I found the problem: The
callsign indicated on my N1MM+ log still was set to my personal call, KJ9B.
After changing that to the special event call, W9ISF, all is well. Just
goes to show that every detail matters!

Thanks, as always, and sorry for the bandwidth.

Ken, KJ9B

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2022 12:22 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] N1MM-DXLab Gateway issue with ClubLog auto upload

+ AA6YQ comments below

Good morning Dave, et al. I have been successfully using the N1MM-DXLab
Gateway for my personal call now for a good while without issue. I am
getting ready to start an annual special event station (W9ISF) that I do,
using N1MM+ as the logger, but writing to the W9ISF DXKeeper log via the
Gateway. When testing, the operation of writing to the DXKeeper log works
as expected, logging the contact in the W9ISF log. However, I also have the
"Upload to Club Log" box checked on the Gateway configuration. When using
this feature with my personal call in the past, everything works as
expected, with the contacts being sent to ClubLog. When attempting to use
this feature with the W9ISF log, I get an error message stating "can't
upload to Club Log: QSO's Station Callsign item KJ9B doesn't match Club Log
callsign specified on the QSL Configuration window's Club Log tab".

Obviously I do have separate Club Log accounts for both my personal call and
the Special Event call, and in the DXKeeper QSL configuration the separate
accounts are configured appropriately, and operate properly. What am I
missing? It's not going to be the end of the world if I can't get Club Log
to upload automatically for the special event, but I'm curious why I can't
get it to work. I have an error log saved, if you would like me to send it
to you, Dave.

+ When directed by another application -- like the N1MM-DXLab Gateway --
+ to log a QSO and then upload that QSO to ClubLog, DXKeeper
uses the Callsign specified on the "QSL Configuration" window's "Club Log"
tab. What Callsign is specified there?

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Thanks for the reply, Dave. W9ISF is the call specified in the Club Log tab on the QSL configuration window. After trying several
things, and coming up with results that didn't make sense (to me), I found the problem: The callsign indicated on my N1MM+ log
still was set to my personal call, KJ9B.
After changing that to the special event call, W9ISF, all is well. Just goes to show that every detail matters!

+ Nice debugging, Ke!. I added a sentence to the Gateway's documentation in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/N1MM-DXKeeper/index.htm

+ that reminds the user to configure the correct callsign in N1MM+ by pointing at this section of the N1MM+ documentation:

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/setup/software-setup/#multiple-call-signs

Dave, AA6YQ