Topics

N1MM-DXKeeper Gateway version 1.1.9

Dave AA6YQ

This version

- does not steal mouse cursor focus from N1MM

- terminates if an instance of the Gateway is already running

Note: the display of some web pages can cause Pathfinder (if running) to steal mouse cursor focus from N1MM.

To obtain version 1.1.9 of the N1MM-DXKeeper Gateway, download its zip archive from

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/N1MM-DXKeeper/N1MM_DXK_GW.zip>

and extract the application it contains into the folder of your choice.

Many thanks to Ken N6WT, Ignacio EA4OR, Phil WR7T, and Bob W9ZV for their help with this release.

Many thanks to Ken N6WT ...

+ I meant Kent N6WT.

Tom LeClerc

Hi Dave,

I finally got time to get back on station 1 and set up for DXKeeper / N1MM_DXKeeper_GW and test focus.

Currently have vers. 1.2.1 of the Gateway, DXKeeper 15.9.9, DXView 4.7.9, and the current version of N1MM 1.0.8906.0

Settings currently in the GW are:

But previously had Query Callbook and the 3 uploads checked.

The database is the full 60,000 QSO log.
Steps I take:
  • Enter call into N1MM Logger (watch the call be populated into DXKeeper
  • begin to type the next call but the focus is not on the N1MM logging window
  • I waited for 30 seconds to wanted to see if the focus would come back but it never did.
I then switched to a brand new blank database to be sure that the timing was not an issue but the focus still did not come back.  I made sure that the following windows were minimized:
  • DXKeeper
  • DXView
  • N1MM_DXKeeper_GW
Still the focus did not come back.

Funny thing is I cannot see where the focus actually is.  I tied <ALT>TAB and brought up the list of windows but there was nothing I could see to indicate what the focus was on.  However DXKeeper was in the upper left so I guessed it was the last window the system had focus on.  N1MMLogger entry window was the 2nd window in the display/list of windows

Then I also closed DX View and only left DXKeeper and the GW open and no change.

Can I generate any error logs for you that might help??

73, Tom W1TJL

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 9:16 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
This version

- does not steal mouse cursor focus from N1MM

- terminates if an instance of the Gateway is already running

Note: the display of some web pages can cause Pathfinder (if running) to steal mouse cursor focus from N1MM.

To obtain version 1.1.9 of the N1MM-DXKeeper Gateway, download its zip archive from

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/N1MM-DXKeeper/N1MM_DXK_GW.zip>

and extract the application it contains into the folder of your choice.

Many thanks to Ken N6WT, Ignacio EA4OR, Phil WR7T, and Bob W9ZV for their help with this release.

Tom LeClerc, Amateur Radio Station W1TJL
 (past calls WB1CBY, /VE8,XL8,CI8,VO2)

               LeClerc Consulting
              email: w1tjl@...
            PC/Network Consulting

I finally got time to get back on station 1 and set up for DXKeeper / N1MM_DXKeeper_GW and test focus.

Currently have vers. 1.2.1 of the Gateway, DXKeeper 15.9.9, DXView 4.7.9, and the current version of N1MM 1.0.8906.0

Settings currently in the GW are:
image.png

[...]

+ No, errorlogs are generally useless for debugging mouse cursor problems.

+ As I mentioned, I cannot replicate focus stealing behavior here. In your report above, mouse cursor focus is not ending up in a DXLab application, which implies that none of them is stealing it.

+ I suggest that you reboot Windows, start only N1MM, DXKeeper, and the N1MM-DXKeeper Gateway, and log a test QSO; is mouse cursor focus stolen?