N1MM, DXKeeper, Gateway.

Yuriy Veselov

Hello Dave.

I was overjoyed early and said that I had found a mistake in the wrong port number.
In reality, the situation is as follows.
Using:

1. N1MM + DXKeeper + Gateway.
DXKeeper: "Config" panel - "Default" window - Network Servise (port 52000):
QSO is logged to N1MM but not logged to DXKeeper. Search for previous
 QSO, but not logged. If I change the port number to 52001 - in N1MM and DXKeeper the QSO is logged.

2. N1MM + DXKeeper + WSJT-X (JTDX) + Gateway.
DXKeeper - port 52000 or 52001 - QSO not logged.(The port is closed for WSJT-X and JTDX).

I cannot understand the reason. Please help me figure out my problem.
73 Yuri R2ZX

I was overjoyed early and said that I had found a mistake in the wrong port number.
In reality, the situation is as follows.
Using:

1. N1MM + DXKeeper + Gateway.
DXKeeper: "Config" panel - "Default" window - Network Servise (port 52000):
QSO is logged to N1MM but not logged to DXKeeper. Search for previous QSO, but not logged. If I change the port number to 52001 - in N1MM and DXKeeper the QSO is logged.

+ 52000 is the "base port". With the "base port" set to 52000, DXKeeper accepts "log QSOs" directives on port 52001.

2. N1MM + DXKeeper + WSJT-X (JTDX) + Gateway.
DXKeeper - port 52000 or 52001 - QSO not logged.(The port is closed for WSJT-X and JTDX).

+ To log QSOs from WSJT-X to DXKeeper, see the configuration instructions here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect

+ I don't know whether JTDX can interoperate with DXLab in this same way.

+ I have not tested the simultaneous use of the N1MM-DXKeeper gateway and WSJT-X to log QSOs to DXKeeper. If you're in a contest using WSJT-X, wouldn't you configure WSJT-X to log to N1MM?

Yuriy Veselov

Dave, thanks for your help.
73. Yuri R2ZX

Dave, thanks for your help.

+ Are things now working to your satisfaction?

Yuriy Veselov

Hi Dave.

Yes, a bunch of N1MM - DXKeeper, Gateway - everything works as described in the documentation.
Note that QSO registration in DXKeeper is not quite as fast as we would like.
My opinion: it is better to use each N1MM and DXLab program for its intended purpose.
Thank you for your help and attention to my question.

73. Yuri R2ZX

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below:
Yes, a bunch of N1MM - DXKeeper, Gateway - everything works as described in the documentation.
+ Good!
Note that QSO registration in DXKeeper is not quite as fast as we would like.

+ Do you have DXKeeper configured to perform a callbook lookup?