Topics

myQTHID issue

Jeffrey griffin

I created another QTHID called KB2M/P.  When I log a contact DXKeeper sets my station call to KB2M/P also. I don’t see how to stop this from happening. The QSO’s won’t upload to my LotW account as /P, until I change my station call back to KB2M. I have several other QTHID’s and this doesn’t happen with them. How can I fix this? Thanks…

73 Jeff kb2m

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below
I created another QTHID called KB2M/P.  When I log a contact DXKeeper sets my station call to KB2M/P also. I don’t see how to stop this from happening. The QSO’s won’t upload to my LotW account as /P, until I change my station call back to KB2M. I have several other QTHID’s and this doesn’t happen with them. How can I fix this?

+ If you making QSOs using KB2MP/P over the air, then you should log those QSOs with a "Station Callsign" of KB2MP/P, and you should employ your KB2MP/P "Callsign Certificate" to submit those QSOs to LoTW. If you don't, your submitted QSOs will likely not match those of your QSO partners, who will be submitting QSOs with KB2MP/P.

+ Note that your default "Station Callsign" is specified on the Defaults tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window.

+ For more information, see "Handling Multiple Callsigns and Operating Locations with LotW" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWMultipleCallsignsLocations

Dave, AA6YQ

Jeffrey griffin

Dave, thanks for the sound advice. I’m not going to use the /P call OTA. It causes more issues then it solves. I have 3 myQTH’s for my 3 residences here in Florida and NJ. All with the same KB2M call. This has worked almost perfectly for years. I get the occasional QSL request for NJ instead of FL, or visa versa, but an email reply and sked for when I’m there solves the issues. I post very prominently on my QRZ page where I’m at any given time.  I thought a portable would be nice to start to work DXCC portable, etc. Now if I created a /P at LotW it wouldn’t make much sense as I could be in many different States or grids, I would need at least 3 to start. So I’m going to do the QSO filtering on my end, with a portable myQTH as KB2M, and as usual transmit my location information in realtime as KB2M….

73 Jeff kb2m  

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2021 4:29 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] myQTHID issue

+ AA6YQ comments below

I created another QTHID called KB2M/P.  When I log a contact DXKeeper sets my station call to KB2M/P also. I don’t see how to stop this from happening. The QSO’s won’t upload to my LotW account as /P, until I change my station call back to KB2M. I have several other QTHID’s and this doesn’t happen with them. How can I fix this?

+ If you making QSOs using KB2MP/P over the air, then you should log those QSOs with a "Station Callsign" of KB2MP/P, and you should employ your KB2MP/P "Callsign Certificate" to submit those QSOs to LoTW. If you don't, your submitted QSOs will likely not match those of your QSO partners, who will be submitting QSOs with KB2MP/P.

+ Note that your default "Station Callsign" is specified on the Defaults tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window.

+ For more information, see "Handling Multiple Callsigns and Operating Locations with LotW" in

Dave, AA6YQ

KA9JAC

Make sure you have a TQSL location setup for uploads to LOTW!

On 1/8/2021 5:00 PM, Jeffrey griffin wrote:

Dave, thanks for the sound advice. I’m not going to use the /P call OTA. It causes more issues then it solves. I have 3 myQTH’s for my 3 residences here in Florida and NJ. All with the same KB2M call. This has worked almost perfectly for years. I get the occasional QSL request for NJ instead of FL, or visa versa, but an email reply and sked for when I’m there solves the issues. I post very prominently on my QRZ page where I’m at any given time.  I thought a portable would be nice to start to work DXCC portable, etc. Now if I created a /P at LotW it wouldn’t make much sense as I could be in many different States or grids, I would need at least 3 to start. So I’m going to do the QSO filtering on my end, with a portable myQTH as KB2M, and as usual transmit my location information in realtime as KB2M….

73 Jeff kb2m  

+ AA6YQ comments below

Dave, AA6YQ

AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

Jeffrey griffin

Yes I do. Like I said KB2M at LotW alone has worked very well so far from the beginning of LotW as long as I do the regional filtering on my end…

73 Jeff kb2m

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of KA9JAC
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2021 6:24 PM

Make sure you have a TQSL location setup for uploads to LOTW!

On 1/8/2021 5:00 PM, Jeffrey griffin wrote:

73 Jeff kb2m  

+ AA6YQ comments below

Dave, AA6YQ

AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com