Topics

MYQTH not displayed in some records

Dave Fugleberg
 

Back in 2016 I did some NPOTA activations. Each time, I created a new myQTH identifier as part of my process - each myQTH started with NPOTA, followed by the designator (e.g. NPOTA WR09, NPOTA MN61, etc).

Today I made the following filter in the Advanced sorts & filters dialog:

MYQTHID LIKE 'NPOTA*'

It appears to find all the QSOs from NPOTA activations, as expected.  When I select a QSO in the filtered log page display, I see the correct designator in the myQTH field of the QSL panel on the Log QSOs tab, as expected.

HOWEVER, all the QSOs from one such outing do NOT show anything in the myQTH field. It looks like it's blank, yet it's part of the results from the query above.

I tried a query of:
  MYQTHID LIKE ''  (note these are two single quotes)
but it only returns five other, unrelated QSOs that truly do not have a myQTH associated with them.

It seems as though there's something preventing the myQTH from displaying on just the NPOTA QSOs from that one outing. Any ideas?

73 de W0ZF

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

Back in 2016 I did some NPOTA activations. Each time, I created a new myQTH identifier as part of my process - each myQTH started with NPOTA, followed by the designator (e.g. NPOTA WR09, NPOTA MN61, etc).

Today I made the following filter in the Advanced sorts & filters dialog:

MYQTHID LIKE 'NPOTA*'

It appears to find all the QSOs from NPOTA activations, as expected. When I select a QSO in the filtered log page display, I see the correct designator in the myQTH field of the QSL panel on the Log QSOs tab, as expected.

HOWEVER, all the QSOs from one such outing do NOT show anything in the myQTH field. It looks like it's blank, yet it's part of the results from the query above.

I tried a query of:
MYQTHID LIKE '' (note these are two single quotes) but it only returns five other, unrelated QSOs that truly do not have a myQTH associated with them.

It seems as though there's something preventing the myQTH from displaying on just the NPOTA QSOs from that one outing. Any ideas?

+ Please place your log file in a zip archive, attach the archive to an email message that describes one of the "missing myQTH" QSOs in question, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave Fugleberg
 

Just to close the loop for anyone else on the list that's interested in what happened with this...
Dave looked at my log and found that I had at some point inadvertently edited the name of one of the myQTH entries on the myQTHs tab of DxKeeper.  So, even though the correct value was in the database for the QSOs in question, the UI could not display them (I guess because the exact same myQTH ID no longer existed in the table).

At any rate, fixing the ID of that myQTH on the myQTHs tab fixed the entire issue.

Thanks again Dave!
73 de W0ZF

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 4:18 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Back in 2016 I did some NPOTA activations. Each time, I created a new myQTH identifier as part of my process - each myQTH started with NPOTA, followed by the designator (e.g. NPOTA WR09, NPOTA MN61, etc).

Today I made the following filter in the Advanced sorts & filters dialog:

MYQTHID LIKE 'NPOTA*'

It appears to find all the QSOs from NPOTA activations, as expected.  When I select a QSO in the filtered log page display, I see the correct designator in the myQTH field of the QSL panel on the Log QSOs tab, as expected.

HOWEVER, all the QSOs from one such outing do NOT show anything in the myQTH field. It looks like it's blank, yet it's part of the results from the query above.

I tried a query of:
  MYQTHID LIKE ''  (note these are two single quotes) but it only returns five other, unrelated QSOs that truly do not have a myQTH associated with them.

It seems as though there's something preventing the myQTH from displaying on just the NPOTA QSOs from that one outing. Any ideas?

+ Please place your log file in a zip archive, attach the archive to an email message that describes one of the "missing myQTH" QSOs in question, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

          73,

               Dave, AA6YQ





Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

Just to close the loop for anyone else on the list that's interested in what happened with this...
Dave looked at my log and found that I had at some point inadvertently edited the name of one of the myQTH entries on the myQTHs tab of DxKeeper. So, even though the correct value was in the database for the QSOs in question, the UI could not display them (I guess because the exact same myQTH ID no longer existed in the table).

+ Correct. If a logged QSO specifies a non-existent "myQTH ID", it's "myQTH ID" selector (in the QSL panel) will be empty because the selector is only populated with legal choices. However, if the Log Page Display contains a column for "MyQTH ID", the contents of each QSO's "MyQTH ID" will be displayed in that column.

At any rate, fixing the ID of that myQTH on the myQTHs tab fixed the entire issue.

Thanks again Dave!

+ My pleasure, Dave.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ