Topics

My First Digital Field Day

Tim

Hi Dave and Others,

This was my first Field Day experience using 100 % digital mode. I used FT4 and FT8 exclusively.

Along with WSJT-X, I also used DXKeeper, Spot Collector and DXView. I only use Windoz 8.1 on my computers.

Thankfully, I only experience one WSJT-X crash around 2100 hours UTC time on Saturday. I do not know the reason nor how to find an error code if there is one.

As far as I know DXLab was 100 % spot on. No crashes, no problems and no complaints. Being new, I logged 121contacts. I was a fox and only went for the ARRL Sections on the N3FJP Field Day logging software. This was on a seperate laptop. My club requested all members to use it for simplicity. Then I finished Sunday helping others fill their logs.

I feel bad for those who experience numerous crashes. Perhaps it was other software related issues or integration. I hope all problems are solved by Field Day 2021. It will be here before we know it.

God bless and 73

Tim - N8NEU
DMR ID 3158619
FN00ah

[...]

+ Thanks for the report, Tim; I'm glad to hear that DXLab behaved itself, and that you enjoyed yourself. I'm sure that Bill G4WJS and his team will rapidly resolve the WSJT-X issues, as they've been doing for years.

Jeff Schwartz

Flawless DX Labs and WSJT-X performance from Wyoming this weekend. We put WC7WB on the air from central Wyoming this weekend and had a spectacular time on FT8 and FT4. A small powerful laptop loaded with DX Labs and WSJT-X , a Flex 6400M and an ACOM 600S provided 2 operators with 309 FD Qs and 536 totals Qs so far without the slightest hiccup on DX Labs, WSJTX or the laptop. Six meters Saturday was continuously open to somewhere from 10AM to sunset here which was absolutely amazing including across both the Atlantic and Pacific.
Thanks for a FANTASTIC product Dave.

Best 73 Jeff KI0KB / WC7 WB

On Jun 28, 2020, at 3:23 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ Excellent, Jeff. Sounds like you had a blast!