Topics

Multiple radios and "myQTH ID's"

Gordon LaPoint

I am setup with multiple radios (on two computers at home) and a remote radio at a town nearby, controlled using RCForb server/client.

Is there a way to have DXKeeper set the default myQTH ID from which radio is chosen in commander. (Not just append a radio name, but actually change the myQTH ID)

Examples of default myQTH ID's used:

Home:K3

Home:K2

Westminster: Virt 590

I would also like the LOTW station location to change with commander radio changes

Examples:

myQTH ID                        station location

Home:K3                                HOME

Westminster:Virt 590        Westminster

W4AAW                                Round Hill, VA

I have all of the LOTW station locations setup, and the different default myQTH ID's , but have to remember to change them when I change radios in commander.

Thanks,

Gordon - N1MGO   (maintainer of two remote setups in RCForb, N1MGO K3 and N1MGO590

I am setup with multiple radios (on two computers at home) and a remote radio at a town nearby, controlled using RCForb server/client.

Is there a way to have DXKeeper set the default myQTH ID from which radio is chosen in commander. (Not just append a radio name, but actually change the myQTH ID)

+ No.

Examples of default myQTH ID's used:

Home:K3

Home:K2

Westminster: Virt 590

+ If you replace the myQTH whose ID is

Westminster: Virt 590

+ with a myQTH whose ID is

Home: Virt 590

+ Then you can use the existing mechanism to automatically change the "Default myQTH ID" when you select a radio in Commander:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LogTransceiverInfo>

+ Note that the "Home: Virt 590" myQTH would still specify Westminister as the location; only the "myQTH ID" would be changed.

I would also like the LOTW station location to change with commander radio changes

Examples:

myQTH ID station location

Home:K3 HOME

Westminster:Virt 590 Westminster

W4AAW Round Hill, VA

+ If you specify the appropriate "LoTW Station Location" in the LoTW selector of each "my QTH", DXKeeper will use the appropriate "Callsign Certificate" and "Station Location" as a function of the logged QSO's "Station Callsign" and "myQTH ID" items, respectively. see
<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWMultipleCallsignsLocations>

I have all of the LOTW station locations setup, and the different default myQTH ID's , but have to remember to change them when I change radios in commander.

+ Implementing the above recommendations would provide the desired automation: select the radio in Commander, and start logging QSOs.

+ Note that all QSOs being submitted to LoTW in one batch must have the same "Station Callsign" and the same "myQTH ID". This is a non-issue if each QSOs is being submitted as it is logged. If you're using "Add Requested" to populate the QSL Queue with a batch of QSOs to be submitted to LoTW, doing so at the completion of each operating session and just before changing radios would assure compliance.

Gordon LaPoint

Dave,
     I set up DXKeeper like you suggested.  All seems to be working fine!  I just worked a contact on the K3 (Home) and it logged with the correct myQTH and it uploaded with the correct LOTW station location (checked the LotWCommand.bat file, I have each contact upload).  I also worked one station with the Home:Virt 590 and it used the correct myQTH and also uploaded with the correct LOTW station location (Westminster).
    So every thing is working correctly, and switching auto-magically!
Now to correct some of the previous contacts to match the new myQTH names!
Thanks,
Gordon - N1MGO

+ AA6YQ comments below