MSHV and DXlab

Willem Angenent

I am running MSHV and DXkeeper and that is working just fine using UDP Broadcast.
Now I just tried to run Commander at the same time and that won't work.
What am I doing wrong???

Thanks,

Will
K6ND

I am running MSHV and DXkeeper and that is working just fine using UDP Broadcast.
Now I just tried to run Commander at the same time and that won't work.
What am I doing wrong???

+ There is no supported inter-operation bewteen MSHV and DXLab.

+ DXLab's inter-interoperation with WSJT-X relies on a set of programmatic interfaces (APIs) provided by WSJT-X. Unless a variant or fork of WSJT-X accurately implements those APIs, the inter-operation will not work.

Joe Subich, W4TV

MSHV is a "hostile fork" of WSJTX. MSHV has screwed up many of the
UDP messages and does not support many of the WSJTX interfaces.

I don't know if the screwed up UDP messages are responsible for
the issue or if it is the lack of support for some interface that
Commander relies on. Suffice it to say that MSHV is not compatible
with many applications designed to work with WSJTX.

On 2021-10-19 4:34 PM, Willem Angenent wrote:
I am running MSHV and DXkeeper and that is working just fine using UDP Broadcast.
Now I just tried to run Commander at the same time and that won't work.
What am I doing wrong???
Thanks,
Will
K6ND

Henk Remijn PA5KT

MSHV has implemented a subset of the UDP communication of WSJT-X.

For me Spotcollector works fine with MSHV. Decoded stations show up in Spotcollector.
The automatic logging from MSHV through Spotcollector to DXlab also works fine.

But anyway that was not the question.

I have Commander running together with MSHV.

What do you mean by Commander and MSHV dont work together?

Do you get an error?

73 Henk