Moving to a new computer

Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...>

What’s the best and easiest way to move DXLabs suite and logs to a new computer? I’ve had to replace an aging computer and I’m almost through the nightmare but I still need to move DXLab suite.

Rick, W2JAZ 
--

--
Rick, W2JAZ 

rcktscientist64

On May 17, 2021, at 9:33 AM, Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:

What’s the best and easiest way to move DXLabs suite and logs to a new computer? I’ve had to replace an aging computer and I’m almost through the nightmare but I still need to move DXLab suite.

Rick, W2JAZ 
--

--
Rick, W2JAZ 

Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...>

TNX Bruce, K5WBM
Looks pretty involved. I've been at this transition for a week now! 
Rick, W2JAZ

--
Rick, W2JAZ 

Gilbert Baron W0MN

It is involved and time consuming but it very likely will save time in the end. It is very tempting to shortcut the process. Do not.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Lawn
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2021 17:05
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Moving to a new computer

TNX Bruce, K5WBM

Rick, W2JAZ

--
Rick, W2JAZ 

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

+ It's not that involved. It boils down to

1. direct the Launcher on your current computer to create a workspace
2. install the Launcher on your new computer, and direct it to install your DXLab applications
3. copy the workspace created in step 1 from your current computer to your new computer
4. direct the Launcher on your new computer to restore your settings from the workspace copied in step 3
5. copy you log file from your current computer to your new computer
6. copy any other files you created or modified on your current computer to your new computer; most of the verbiage in the instructions cited above is reminders of the files you may have created or updated.

+ Unless you have slow internet access, steps 1-5 should take less than 1 hour.

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

Step 1 below should be

"terminate all DXLab applications on the current computer except the Launcher, and then direct the Launcher on your current computer to create and populate a workspace"

Dave, AA6YQ

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 04:59 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

1. direct the Launcher on your current computer to create a workspace
2. install the Launcher on your new computer, and direct it to install your DXLab applications
3. copy the workspace created in step 1 from your current computer to your new computer
4. direct the Launcher on your new computer to restore your settings from the workspace copied in step 3
5. copy you log file from your current computer to your new computer
6. copy any other files you created or modified on your current computer to your new computer; most of the verbiage in the instructions cited above is reminders of the files you may have created or updated