Moved PC

Al Groff

(DXKeeper 16.7.5, W11)

After moving DXL to a new PC, I have run into file problems.
As DXK starts I get
' CQ-WAE award file C:\Ham Programs\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\CQWEA.txt contains an entry that does not specify the regions continent'

After OK, DXK opens.
The CQWEA file look to be the same as on the old PC.

Then after a bit I get
'TQSL is unable to contact LoTW'

After OK I attempted to check the LoTW Queue and get
'Unable open file: C:Ham Programs\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\LoTW Queue.htm'
But upon checking, that file has a current time stamp indicating it was just written.

Attempting to create a .adi file I get
'Unable to open ADIF file C:\Users\AL\Document\adi_test.adi - File already open'  But no file exists or is created.

I am guessing a windows permission somewhere.

DXK does seem to log new contacts to my database.

DXK error log available.

AL,  K0VM

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

(DXKeeper 16.7.5, W11)

As DXK starts I get
' CQ-WAE award file C:\Ham Programs\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\CQWEA.txt contains an entry that does not specify the regions continent'

+ You have an obsolete version of the file CQWAE.txt. Terminate DXKeeper, delete the existing CQWAE.txt file in DXKeeper's Databases folder, and replace it with this one:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/CQWAE.txt

After OK, DXK opens.

+ You had an obsolete version of the file CQWAE.txt on your old PC.

Then after a bit I get

+ TQSL is a part of LoTW, not DXLab. When DXKeeper starts, it directs TQSL to report any "LoTW News" -- like the availability of a new version of TQSL, or the approaching expiration of one of your Callsign Certificates. Evidently, your instance of TQSL was unable to contact LoTW over the internet. Whether this was because LoTW was unavailable at the time, or your computer did not have access to the internet at the time, or your anti-malware prevented TQSL from accessing the internet, I can't say. I can only report that when DXKeeper directs TQSL to report "LoTW News" here, it works correctly, and that no one else has reported a problem accessing LoTW today.

After OK I attempted to check the LoTW Queue and get 'Unable open file: C:Ham Programs\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\LoTW Queue.htm'
But upon checking, that file has a current time stamp indicating it was just written.

+ Being unable to open an existing file sounds like a Windows permissions problem.

'Unable to open ADIF file C:\Users\AL\Document\adi_test.adi - File already open' But no file exists or is created.

+ That's my suspicion as well. The folder in which you installed DXLab

C:\Ham Programs\DXLab

+ is not one that Windows considers "protected", so the problem must lie elsewhere in your Windows configuration.

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

No sooner did I post the message appended below when this message appeared in my Inbox:

---------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 4:23 PM
To: ARRL-LoTW@...
Subject: [ARRL-LoTW] Partial outage

Logbook is experiencing a partial outage.

IT Staff is working on it now.

Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 4:37 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Moved PC

+ AA6YQ comments below

(DXKeeper 16.7.5, W11)

As DXK starts I get

+ You have an obsolete version of the file CQWAE.txt. Terminate DXKeeper, delete the existing CQWAE.txt file in DXKeeper's Databases folder, and replace it with this one:

After OK, DXK opens.

Then after a bit I get

+ TQSL is a part of LoTW, not DXLab. When DXKeeper starts, it directs TQSL to report any "LoTW News" -- like the availability of a new version of TQSL, or the approaching expiration of one of your Callsign Certificates. Evidently, your instance of TQSL was unable to contact LoTW over the internet. Whether this was because LoTW was unavailable at the time, or your computer did not have access to the internet at the time, or your anti-malware prevented TQSL from accessing the internet, I can't say. I can only report that when DXKeeper directs TQSL to report "LoTW News" here, it works correctly, and that no one else has reported a problem accessing LoTW today.

After OK I attempted to check the LoTW Queue and get 'Unable open file: C:Ham Programs\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\LoTW Queue.htm'

+ Being unable to open an existing file sounds like a Windows permissions problem.

'Unable to open ADIF file C:\Users\AL\Document\adi_test.adi - File already open' But no file exists or is created.

+ is not one that Windows considers "protected", so the problem must lie elsewhere in your Windows configuration.

Dave, AA6YQ

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

Al Groff

Dave,
  I replaced the CQWEA file and rebooted the PC ( I installed an unrelated driver ) and now it all works again.
  Thanks again.
AL, K0VM

On 9/21/2022 3:39 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

No sooner did I post the message appended below when this message appeared in my Inbox:

Dave, AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

(DXKeeper 16.7.5, W11)

As DXK starts I get

After OK, DXK opens.

Then after a bit I get

Dave, AA6YQ

Al Groff

Dave,
  Just FYI...

Out of curiosity, I restored the old CQWAE.txt file and again it gave me all of the same
CQ-WAE and LoTW errors.
  Runs fine again with the new CQWEA.txt file..
  So LoTW errors may have something to do with bad CQWAE.txt ???

AL, K0VM

On 9/21/2022 4:36 PM, Al Groff via groups.io wrote:
Dave,
  I replaced the CQWEA file and rebooted the PC ( I installed an unrelated driver ) and now it all works again.
  Thanks again.
AL, K0VM

On 9/21/2022 3:39 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

Dave, AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

(DXKeeper 16.7.5, W11)

As DXK starts I get

After OK, DXK opens.

Then after a bit I get

'Unable to open ADIF file C:\Users\AL\Document\adi_test.adi - File already open'  But no file exists or is created.

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below
Out of curiosity, I restored the old CQWAE.txt file and again it gave me all of the same
CQ-WAE and LoTW errors.
  Runs fine again with the new CQWEA.txt file..
  So LoTW errors may have something to do with bad CQWAE.txt ???
+ They are completely unrelated.

Dave, AA6YQ