Topics

More questions on Commander Sliders ...

Mike Flowers

Hi All,

As I continue to experiment with Commander sliders,  I wonder if these suggestions might be useful/feasible:

  1. Could the area in the Commander User-defined Control pane that displays the slider label also display the value of the slider?   I would find this useful for such slider controls as ‘Monitor Level’ and ‘RF Power Output’.
  2. Could the ‘Initialize Radio’ function also include an Initial Value field that would contain a value within the slider’s defined range to which the radio could be initialized?    I would find this useful for my ‘Monitor Level’ slider and have it initialized as ‘0’.

Thanks!

As I continue to experiment with Commander sliders, I wonder if these suggestions might be useful/feasible:

1. Could the area in the Commander User-defined Control pane that displays the slider label also display the value of the
slider? I would find this useful for such slider controls as 'Monitor Level' and 'RF Power Output'.

+ You can accomplish this now by including the <value U> or <value L,U> in the Label. An example is shown in the first screen shot
in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/CommandSequences.htm#Command-generating%20Sliders>

+ and an explanation is provided in the Label row of the table to the right of that screen shot.

2. Could the 'Initialize Radio' function also include an Initial Value field that would contain a value within the slider's
defined range to which the radio could be initialized? I would find this useful for my 'Monitor Level' slider and have it
initialized as '0'.

+ You can accomplish this now by including one or more <Slider S,V> commands in the "Initial Command Sequence" that can be
configured to execute at startup or when a new primary transceiver is selected:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/Configuration.htm#Initial%20Command%20Sequence>

Mike Flowers

OK! I have some configuration fun ahead!

Thanks, Dave!!