Topics

More questions about DXCC Credit Analysis Report

Pete Smith

Say I have an entry in this report as follows:

"149   851347831      card           6Y5BF           82  1976-01-01      20M         CW   no exact match found in log, new Entity, Entity-Band, Entity-Mode"

Is the part following the mode received from ARRL, or  is that DXKeeper's analysis based on what *it* knows about, in this case, the status of various QSOs with 6Y5 as of 1976?  When I do the various on-line lookups on my Logbook's DXCC Report, it appears to say that I have gotten credit for the entity and the mode, but not yet for the band.  Is there any efficient way to repeat this process for each listing in the report?

This is what I get from the Mixed listing:

Worked Station Worked   6Y5BF DXCC   JAMAICA (82) Date   1976-01-01 Mode   CW (CW) Band   20M

.  Can you tell from the way these listings are formatted whether credit was given for mode or band?  Is this the significance of the "(CW)"?

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network

Say I have an entry in this report as follows:

"149   851347831      card           6Y5BF           82  1976-01-01      20M         CW   no exact match found in log, new Entity, Entity-Band, Entity-Mode"

Is the part following the mode received from ARRL, or  is that DXKeeper's analysis based on what *it* knows about, in this case, the status of various QSOs with 6Y5 as of 1976?  When I do the various on-line lookups on my Logbook's DXCC Report, it appears to say that I have gotten credit for the entity and the mode, but not yet for the band.  Is there any efficient way to repeat this process for each listing in the report?

+ The “notes” in the above entry mean that you have no logged QSO with 6Y5BF on 20m CW dated 1976-01-01. The credit specifies an entity, an entity-band, and an entity-mode.

+ The process for manually linking credits to QSOs is interactive,  proceeding one credit at a time because the user’s judgment is required in each case.

This is what I get from the Mixed listing:

Worked Station

Worked

6Y5BF

DXCC

JAMAICA (82)

Date

1976-01-01

Mode

CW (CW)

Band

20M

.  Can you tell from the way these listings are formatted whether credit was given for mode or band?  Is this the significance of the "(CW)"?

+ I don’t know to what “the Mixed listing” refers. If the “Worked Station Worked …” entry above comes from an ARRL report, you should ask someone from the ARRL for an explanation of its meaning.

BILL KENNAMER

I can tell you definitively since I was at DXCC when it was done.
On convert paper records:
Mixed. Only code number entered
Phone; code number and phone mode
Dates of both were 11/15/1945
CW: code number, Cw mode, and date 1/1/1976.
No other information was entered.

Your problem, I believe, stems from being a beta tester and entering QSOs made before 1992.

On Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 10:23 AM, Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

[...]

Wonderful (JK). The next sound you hear will be me slogging through some 500 calls x 4 lookups from the DXCC record.  I'll probably resurface sometime next week.

On 5/29/2019 12:15 PM, BILL KENNAMER wrote:

[...]

Pete,

It cannot be determined from that entry. Is it from LOTW or from DXLab?

From an Original DXCC listing, it should look like:
Worked: 082
DXCC: Jamaica (82)
Date: 1975-01-01
Mode: CW (cw)
Band: UNKNOWN

This would be a credit ONLY for CW DXCC. It will not be a credit for Mixed DXCC or a 20 meter credit in DXCC Records.

Credits prior to 1992 came from the original record for the original mode only. Prior to 1992, if you submitted a 6Y card for Mixed, you would submit it again for CW. There would be no record for 20 meters, as no band records were kept, even for 5Band DXCC.

I still believe this stems from your being a beta tester and how the records were entered on your end at that time. Since I was largely inactive from 2000 to 2014, and did not sign on to LOTW until then, I have no problem with my old records, as the near 40,000 QSOs entered since 1961 were entered after 2014, and were all entered with logged date and time. I had a surprising number of matches on those old one from the 80s

73

Bill K5FUV

On Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 10:23:20 AM CDT, Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

[...]

It's from ARRL, somehow changed from the original block format to that line.  The only difference from what you expect is that the callsign is present.  I also noticed that looking at my DXCC record online, it says that I have credit for Mixed as well as CW, but not for the band.  For the moment my focus is on getting to the Honor Roll, so I'll concentrate on the Mixed list.

On 5/29/2019 5:20 PM, BILL KENNAMER wrote:

Pete,

It cannot be determined from that entry. Is it from LOTW or from DXLab?

From an Original DXCC listing, it should look like:
Worked: 082
DXCC: Jamaica (82)
Date: 1975-01-01
Mode: CW (cw)
[...]

Dave AA6YQ

Pete, if “partial credit” has been granted to one or more of your QSOs – like “mixed and CW, but not the band” – enable DXKeeper’s “Partial Credit” option, which allows the use of E, B, and M in “QSL Rcvd” items of logged QSOs:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Items.htm#QSL%20rcvd

It's from ARRL, somehow changed from the original block format to that line. The only difference from what you expect is that the callsign is present. I also noticed that looking at my DXCC record online, it says that I have credit for Mixed as well as CW, but not for the band. For the moment my focus is on getting to the Honor Roll, so I'll concentrate on the Mixed list.
73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

On 5/29/2019 5:20 PM, BILL KENNAMER wrote:
Pete,

It cannot be determined from that entry. Is it from LOTW or from DXLab?

From an Original DXCC listing, it should look like:
Worked: 082
DXCC: Jamaica (82)
Date: 1975-01-01
Mode: CW (cw)
[...]

Thanks, Dave.

On 5/29/2019 8:02 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

Pete, if “partial credit” has been granted to one or more of your QSOs – like “mixed and CW, but not the band” – enable DXKeeper’s “Partial Credit” option, which allows the use of E, B, and M in “QSL Rcvd” items of logged QSOs:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Items.htm#QSL%20rcvd

It's from ARRL, somehow changed from the original block format to that line.  The only difference from what you expect is that the callsign is present.  I also noticed that looking at my DXCC record online, it says that I have credit for Mixed as well as CW, but not for the band.  For the moment my focus is on getting to the Honor Roll, so I'll concentrate on the Mixed list.
73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 5/29/2019 5:20 PM, BILL KENNAMER wrote:
Pete,

It cannot be determined from that entry. Is it from LOTW or from DXLab?

>From an Original DXCC listing, it should look like:
Worked: 082
DXCC: Jamaica (82)