Topics

mode on eqsl.cc as "mode (F2)"

f6gcp

dear
Someone asked me why the QSOs I upload to eqsl.cc have in mode field "<mode> (F2)" (example : "CW (F2)" or "FT8 (F2)").
I had a look on old exported QSO, and just the mode is reported. On eqsl.cc, the column is "Mode (Submode)"
(it seems to occur the first time on Dec 2nd between 21h and 23h)

Looking to SubMode 'APP_DXKeeper_SUBMODE", the field is empty.whatever the qso (old or recent)

VK19AUS 02Jun2019
06:54
30M CW (F2) 599

No idea where it comes from as it is applied to CW, SSB, RTTY… and FT8 QSO
does the "(F2)" comes from propagation (I can't see why it is reported into mode field)

any idea ?

Many thanks
73 - P@t

dear
Someone asked me why the QSOs I upload to eqsl.cc have in mode field "<mode> (F2)" (example : "CW (F2)" or "FT8 (F2)").
I had a look on old exported QSO, and just the mode is reported. On eqsl.cc, the column is "Mode (Submode)"
(it seems to occur the first time on Dec 2nd between 21h and 23h)

Looking to SubMode 'APP_DXKeeper_SUBMODE", the field is empty.whatever the qso (old or recent)

VK19AUS 02Jun2019
06:54 30M CW (F2) 599

No idea where it comes from as it is applied to CW, SSB, RTTY… and FT8 QSO does the "(F2)" comes from propagation (I can't see why it is reported into mode field)

any idea ?

+ When I examine my "outbox" in eQSL, I see that entries in the column caption

Mode (Submode)

+ actually contain

Mode (F2)

+ Only eQSL staff can explain why. I have copied eQSL's Dave N5UP on this response.

f6gcp

Hi,
have you got any feedback from N5UP ?
or should I contact him directly?
if so, where is stored the temporary file contains qso to upload (ADIF format? ) to pass it?

Many thanks

have you got any feedback from N5UP ?

+ I have not.

or should I contact him directly?

+ You are welcome to try.

if so, where is stored the temporary file contains qso to upload (ADIF format? ) to pass it?

+ When submitting QSOs to eQSL, no temporary file is created; the information (in ADIF format) is submitted directly to eQSL.