From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> on behalf of Jamie WW3S <ww3s@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:48 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] missing PTT with Flex and WSJT-X

I know I had this working, now trying to work E31A on 40m, and the rig (Flex 6600) wont go into transmit, I have the rig set in WSJT-X as DXlab commander, commander is running and following the radio.....not sure what else to check

Dave AA6YQ

I know I had this working, now trying to work E31A on 40m, and the rig (Flex 6600) wont go into transmit, I have the rig set in WSJT-X as DXlab commander, commander is running and following the radio.....not sure what else to check

+ Please terminate WSJT-X. Using the PTT panel on the General tab of Commander’s Configuration window, can you switch your 6600 between RX and TX?

If you've had a windows update, you probably have the com ports corrupted.
You may need to download com_name_arbiter.zip then extract, install, run,
reboot and WSJT-X will be able to PTT the 6600. If not, you need to create a
SmartSDR CAT PTT com port, and provide the port number to WSJt-X /
Commander.

+ Commander does not use COM ports to interact with Flex Signature radios
like the 6600, nor does it use SmartSDR CAT. Commander interacts with Flex
Signature radios via your Ethernet local area network.

Jamie WW3S

yes, works fine.....what should the PTT config be in WSJTX using commander as the rig choice?

I know I had this working, now trying to work E31A on 40m, and the rig (Flex 6600) wont go into transmit, I have the rig set in WSJT-X as DXlab commander, commander is running and following the radio.....not sure what else to check

+ Please terminate WSJT-X. Using the PTT panel on the General tab of Commander’s Configuration window, can you switch your 6600 between RX and TX?

g4wjs

On 30/05/2019 11:42, Jamie WW3S wrote:
yes, works fine.....what should the PTT config be in WSJTX using commander as the rig choice?
Hi Jamie,

"CAT" is the correct selection if Commander is able to key the rig.

Bill

G4WJS.

CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M

As I went through the FLEX 6600 / DXLab install process with SmartSDR and Windows 10, I had the same issue. Once I settled on SmartSDR v3.0.19 I found I could not make FT-8 transmissions if I was running Commander. So I chose NOT to run Commander until FRS provides the fix with v3.0.2X. Instead I have the WSJT-X RADIO setting as KENWOOD TS-2000, PTT COM 21 (SmartSDR PTT 21/121), SPLIT None.

As FRS has provided release notes for v3.0.24, the fix should happen soon for those who want to run the latest version of SmartSDR and Commander. I've found DXLab Wiki FlexSignature to be very useful in getting everything running.

73,

Gary ~ AB9M

If you've had a windows update, you probably have the com ports corrupted.
You may need to download com_name_arbiter.zip then extract, install, run,
reboot and WSJT-X will be able to PTT the 6600. If not, you need to create a
SmartSDR CAT PTT com port, and provide the port number to WSJt-X /
Commander.

+ Commander does not use COM ports to interact with Flex Signature radios
like the 6600, nor does it use SmartSDR CAT. Commander interacts with Flex
Signature radios via your Ethernet local area network.

Jamie WW3S

new ssdr version fixes that.

If you've had a windows update, you probably have the com ports corrupted.
You may need to download com_name_arbiter.zip then extract, install, run,
reboot and WSJT-X will be able to PTT the 6600. If not, you need to create a
SmartSDR CAT PTT com port, and provide the port number to WSJt-X /
Commander.

+ Commander does not use COM ports to interact with Flex Signature radios
like the 6600, nor does it use SmartSDR CAT. Commander interacts with Flex
Signature radios via your Ethernet local area network.

* more AA6YQ comments below

yes, works fine.....what should the PTT config be in WSJTX using commander as the rig choice?

* As described in the appropriate section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModes>

[...]

+ As I announced here weeks ago, the then-public version of Commander (13.9.0) would not work with the anticipated first public release of SmartSDR v3 (3.0.19).

+ Since then, I corrected a defect in Commander, and Flex corrected two defects in SmartSDR v3. The current public version of Commander (14.0.8) does work correctly with SmartSDR version 3.0.25 (without multiFlex), and with SmartSDR version 2.5.0 – but neither of these SmartSDR versions has been publicly released.

+ Flex Signature users without access to alpha test versions of SmartSDR v3 should remain with SmartSDR 2.4.9, which Commander 14.0.8 continues to support.