Topics

Missing labels

Knut Meland

I just printed labels on a 3 column sheet. Started on a sheet with 6 labels missing. Set the appropriate field for this (6 labels missing). That worked great. But on the next (and full) sheet the 6 first labels were not printed. Is this a cockpit error or due to the program?
73 de Knut LA9RY

Dave AA6YQ

I just printed labels on a 3 column sheet. Started on a sheet with 6 labels missing. Set the appropriate field for this (6 labels missing). That worked great. But on the next (and full) sheet the 6 first labels were not printed. Is this a cockpit error or due to the program?

+ How many QSOs were present in the QSL Queue when you started?

+ Please describe your actions step-by-step, so I can try to replicate what you are reporting.

Knut Meland

Den 08.07.2020 20.00, skrev Dave AA6YQ:
I just printed labels on a 3 column sheet. Started on a sheet with 6 labels missing. Set the appropriate field for this (6 labels missing). That worked great. But on the next (and full) sheet the 6 first labels were not printed. Is this a cockpit error or due to the program?

+ How many QSOs were present in the QSL Queue when you started?
Each sheet holds 24 labels. First sheet 24-6=18 labels. The second sheet took the rest of the queue. Less than 36 QSOs in the queue, but more than 20.

+ Please describe your actions step-by-step, so I can try to replicate what you are reporting.
DXKeeper/QSL: QSL via 3 column labels. Add requested.

20-36 QSOs in queue

Set 6 missing labels.

Print QSL labels.

Works OK  with the first sheet. This issue appears on the second sheet of labels.

73 de Knut LA9RY

* More AA6YQ comments below

Den 08.07.2020 20.00, skrev Dave AA6YQ:
I just printed labels on a 3 column sheet. Started on a sheet with 6 labels missing. Set the appropriate field for this (6 labels missing). That worked great. But on the next (and full) sheet the 6 first labels were not printed. Is this a cockpit error or due to the program?

+ How many QSOs were present in the QSL Queue when you started?
Each sheet holds 24 labels. First sheet 24-6=18 labels. The second sheet took the rest of the queue. Less than 36 QSOs in the queue, but more than 20.

+ Please describe your actions step-by-step, so I can try to replicate what you are reporting.
DXKeeper/QSL: QSL via 3 column labels. Add requested.

20-36 QSOs in queue

Set 6 missing labels.

Print QSL labels.

Works OK with the first sheet. This issue appears on the second sheet of labels.

* Thanks for the explanation.

* Say you have 36 labels to print on two sheets that hold 24 labels apiece.

* The first sheet had 6 missing labels, so 18 labels would be printed there.

* That leaves 18 labels to be printed on the second sheet, whose capacity is 24 labels. That means after the completion of the operation, there will be 6 unused labels on the second sheet.

ND9G Mike

* That leaves 18 labels to be printed on the second sheet, whose capacity is 24 labels. That means after the completion of the operation, there will be 6 unused labels on the second sheet.

-But shouldn't the 6 unused labels be at the end of the sheet? I believe, as explained in the initial email, that it skipped the first 6 labels on page 2, not leaving the last 6. Unless I completely misread the initial post.

73,
Mike ND9G

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 8:28 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
* More AA6YQ comments below

Den 08.07.2020 20.00, skrev Dave AA6YQ:
> I just printed labels on a 3 column sheet. Started on a sheet with 6 labels missing. Set the appropriate field for this (6 labels missing). That worked great. But on the next (and full) sheet the 6 first labels were not printed. Is this a cockpit error or due to the program?
>
> + How many QSOs were present in the QSL Queue when you started?
Each sheet holds 24 labels. First sheet 24-6=18 labels. The second sheet took the rest of the queue. Less than 36 QSOs in the queue, but more than 20.

> + Please describe your actions step-by-step, so I can try to replicate what you are reporting.

DXKeeper/QSL: QSL via 3 column labels. Add requested.

20-36 QSOs in queue

Set 6 missing labels.

Print QSL labels.

Works OK  with the first sheet. This issue appears on the second sheet of labels.

* Thanks for the explanation.

* Say you have 36 labels to print on two sheets that hold 24 labels apiece.

* The first sheet had 6 missing labels, so 18 labels would be printed there.

* That leaves 18 labels to be printed on the second sheet, whose capacity is 24 labels. That means after the completion of the operation, there will be 6 unused labels on the second sheet.

* That leaves 18 labels to be printed on the second sheet, whose capacity is 24 labels. That means after the completion of the operation, there will be 6 unused labels on the second sheet.

-But shouldn't the 6 unused labels be at the end of the sheet?

+ Yes, and that's exactly what happens when I try it here.

I believe, as explained in the initial email, that it skipped the first 6 labels on page 2, not leaving the last 6. Unless I completely misread the initial post.

+ Knut did post "But on the next (and full) sheet the 6 first labels were not printed"; let's see his response to mine.

Knut Meland

Den 09.07.2020 03.28, skrev Dave AA6YQ:
* More AA6YQ comments below

[...]

All OK, so far.

* That leaves 18 labels to be printed on the second sheet, whose capacity is 24 labels. That means after the completion of the operation, there will be 6 unused labels on the second sheet.
Yes, but the funny thing is that the 6 unused labels are on the top of the sheet, not on the bottom. I am not quite sure about how many labels I had to print, but reconsidering what happened I think there were some unused labels in the bottom of the sheet too.

73 de Knut

Yes, but the funny thing is that the 6 unused labels are on the top of the sheet, not on the bottom. I am not quite sure about how many labels I had to print, but reconsidering what happened I think there were some unused labels in the bottom of the sheet too.

+ Please check the "Print Preview" box on the Main window's QSL tab, and then click the "Print QSL Labels" button. As each previewed page of labels appears, make a screen shot, and attach the screenshot to an email message. then click the Next button to see the next preview page, and repeat the process until all preview pages are attached to the email message. Then send the email message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Knut Meland

I tried but could not reproduce the problem. Sorry for the trouble.

73 de Knut

+ AA6YQ comments below