Mechanical Keyboards.

W0MU

Most of the gaming keyboards are mechanical with very good switches.  I use Red Dragons.  You can replace the keys if they go bad and they give you some spares.

W0MU

On 6/15/2022 7:03 AM, Pete Smith wrote:

For those who are looking for a nice mechanical feel *and* the Windows key, the Dell L100 (USB) is available used on E-bay for under $10, and new on Amazon for $71 with free shipping.  I have beaten mine to death through 7 or 8 years and three computers, and the only sign of wear is that some of the "E" key's label has rubbed off.  The only Windows key combination I use is Windows+Shift+S to snip bits from my screen - very handy.  I'm sure there are more but I'm not in any hurry.+

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 6/15/2022 8:10 AM, Gilbert Baron W0MN wrote:

I have 2 of those IBM around and love love the feel and weight but they require PS2 to USB which are a bit rare and I do use Windows keys. They also have no backlighting so need a well lit room. I remember when they cost > 125 bucks. That was in the late 90s. WHAT WOUL THAT BE TODAY. 😊

I do use it on my MFJ 464  Keyer/Reader. It unfortunately is jot support by N1MM so also have K1EL although I ink the MFJ is FAR FAR superior.

Outlook LT Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb