Marking a QSO as made on a net

Mike Wasserburger

Hello all-

  I was wondering what the best DXKeeper practice is for marking a QSO as having occurred on a particular net.  For example, to get WAS for the OMISS net, the QSO have to have taken place on one if their nets.  What is the best way to indicate that such that I could filter on it when exporting a ADIF file for WAS verification?

thanks,

Mike

I was wondering what the best DXKeeper practice is for marking a QSO as having occurred on a particular net. For example, to get WAS for the OMISS net, the QSO have to have taken place on one if their nets. What is the best way to indicate that such that I could filter on it when exporting a ADIF file for WAS verification?

+ I suggest setting up a user-defined item to capture the Net on which the QSO was made, as described in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm#User%20Items%20tab

+ You could, for example, configure the first user-defined item with a Caption of Net and Alphanumeric style. If you type OMISS into the Net item of each QSO you log when participating in the OMISS net, then you can later filter the Log Page Display with the SQL expression

APP_DXKEEPER_USER_DEFINED_0 = 'OMISS'

+ to see all logged QSOs made while participating in that Net. Directing DXKeeper to generate a WAS progress report would show you're doing on "WAS for the OMISS net".

+ However, if you type OLEMISS instead of OMISS into a QSO's Net item, it won't appear when you filter the Log Page Display as described above. Thus would be better to configure the Net user-defined item to employ a "list" style. This enables you to populate a text file with legal values; when logging a QSO, you can select a legal Net value from a selector (rather than typing it in).

+ Note that you can specify a default value for the Net item. Just before the OMISS net convenes, set this to OMISS; when the net terminates, clear it. All QSOs made while the Omiss net is in progress will thus be logged with the correct Net item.

Mike Wasserburger

This worked perfectly!  Thanks for the suggestion.  I went with the "list" style type and have options for all kinds of nets to record in a QSO now.

THANKS!

Mike / WF0M

+ AA6YQ comments below