Topics

Marathon 2020 Export file

Jim Denneny

Can someone help me with a DXKeeper filter to create alogfile for 2020?

Jim K7EG

Can someone help me with a DXKeeper filter to create alogfile for 2020?

+ Filter the Log Page Display with this SQL expression:

QSO_BEGIN between #2020-01-01# and #2021-01-01#

Can someone help me with a DXKeeper filter to create alogfile for 2020?

+ Step-by-step instructions for generating a Marathon submission are here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GenerateMarathonSubmission>

Jim Denneny

Thanks Dave.  Once filtered, can I convert the mdb to adi format for submissin to our DX Club using DXK Export?

ND9G Mike

That would be completely unnecessary.

The process is so much simpler if you follow the instructions Dave provided in his second email.

73,
Mike ND9G

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 2:50 PM Jim Denneny <57JNDenneny@...> wrote:
Thanks Dave.  Once filtered, can I convert the mdb to adi format for submissin to our DX Club using DXK Export?

Jim Denneny

Dave

Above link on Marathon does not exist.  Your other email shows me how to filter dates for all 2020 QSO's.  Struggling to save and export that filtered file. Also, I believe that file must be in adi format.  So filtered mdb file must be transformed to adi before I can upload it.

Jim

ND9G Mike

I clicked the link in Dave's email and landed on the appropriate page.

73,
Mike ND9G

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 4:20 PM Jim Denneny <57JNDenneny@...> wrote:
Dave

Above link on Marathon does not exist.  Your other email shows me how to filter dates for all 2020 QSO's.  Struggling to save and export that filtered file. Also, I believe that file must be in adi format.  So filtered mdb file must be transformed to adi before I can upload it.

Jim

Above link on Marathon does not exist.  Your other email shows me how to filter dates for all 2020 QSO's.  Struggling to save and export that filtered file. Also, I believe that file must be in adi format.  So filtered mdb file must be transformed to adi before I can upload it.

+ Here's the URL again; I assure you that it exists:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GenerateMarathonSubmission

+ As stated in the Submissions section of

https://www.dxmarathon.com/Rules/2020%20Rules.htm

+ the submission format is an Excel spreadsheet. DXKeeper can generate this spreadsheet directly, as described step-by-step in the Wiki article cited above.

+ Alternatively, you can export an ADIF file from DXKeeper, and then process this file with Jim AD1C's "ADIF to Marathon" converter, which generates the required spreadsheet file.

+ "So filtered mdb file must be transformed to adi before I can upload it." is not correct. When you filter DXKeeper's "Log Page Display" and then click the Start button on the "Export QSOs" tab of DXKeeper's Main window, what is generated is an ADIF file containing one record for each QSO in the filtered "Log Page Display".

Joe - W9RF

Jim,

After filtering all of your 2020 qso's try clicking on export qso's (from DXKeepers main page), will one of those formats work?

Just don't remove your current filter or you will export your entire log.

73,

W8RF - Joe

On Monday, December 28, 2020, 4:20:46 PM CST, Jim Denneny <57jndenneny@...> wrote:

Dave

Above link on Marathon does not exist.  Your other email shows me how to filter dates for all 2020 QSO's.  Struggling to save and export that filtered file. Also, I believe that file must be in adi format.  So filtered mdb file must be transformed to adi before I can upload it.

Jim

Jim Denneny

Thanks Mike

I have the log filtered to 2020.  How do I save that file?  Once saved I can use the Export tab to upload that file as ADIF

Jim Denneny

Thanks Dave.  Yes Link worked this time.  Tried earlier URL twice and got "page under construction".

I am not yet ready to submit.  I am struggling with earlier stage.  I have filtered the log and captured all 2020 Q's .  I am struggling with how to save that filtered log page as an adi file for export. I need to forward it in ADI format to club contest chairman who will submit it to CQMarathon.  I know how to use the Export File tab in DXK.  The ADIF 1 folder is empty.

Jim

I am not yet ready to submit.  I am struggling with earlier stage.  I have filtered the log and captured all 2020 Q's .  I am struggling with how to save that filtered log page as an adi file for export. I need to forward it in ADI format to club contest chairman who will submit it to CQMarathon.  I know how to use the Export File tab in DXK.  The ADIF 1 folder is empty.

+ Filter the Log Page Display with the SQL expression posted earlier
+ Select the Main window's "Export QSOs" tab; when asked if you want the Log Page Display filter removed, click the "No" button

+ Use the "Expor tQSOs" tab to export your ADIF file.

Jim Denneny

Dave - sorry to be a pest.  Log is filtered.  When I click Export QSO tab, I do not see "do you want Log Page Display filter removed" Instead the entire log (unfiltered) is gathered for Export

Dave - sorry to be a pest.  Log is filtered.  When I click Export QSO tab, I do not see "do you want Log Page Display filter removed" Instead the entire log (unfiltered) is gathered for Export
+ That means that you did not have the Log Page Display filtered when you selected the Main window's "Export QSOs" tab.

Jim Denneny

Dave and et al: Thanks Done.  Afteraction comments: Log Page Display was correctly filtered.  Export QSO looked like it wanted to export entire log (48K - not filtered log).  Anyway filtered log was correctly exported (despite indications to the contrary) to Club Contest Manager who sent it to CQ.  Sorry for the confusion but I was confused despite reading all wiki data.  HNY to ALL. Case closed.

Jim K7EG

Dave and et al: Thanks Done.  Afteraction comments: Log Page Display was correctly filtered.  Export QSO looked like it wanted to export entire log (48K - not filtered log).  Anyway filtered log was correctly exported (despite indications to the contrary) to Club Contest Manager who sent it to CQ.

+ What indications led you to believe that the Log Page Display was not filtered?

Carl - WC4H

The problem is that the link contains the > symbol as part of the link.

You can click on it, then delete the > at the end of the URL and you'll be fine.

73.
Carl - WC4H

Phil Cooper

Mike and the group,

Not sure why you need to filter the log first!

Click on the CONFIG tab (just above your log page display) and got the awards tab. In the MARATHON BANDS & MODES panel, select the appropriate bands and mode(s) you wish to submit. Check the INCLUDE QSO's WITH NO PROP box, and enter your max TX Power.
Click on the YEAR, CATEGORY, SCORE SHEET INFO panel, and enter the current year at the top left, and name, address, email etc.
If you haven't already done so, download the CQ Marathon scoresheet from here:
https://www.dxmarathon.com/Submission/2020/Submission2020.htm
and enter the path to it. I always put it in
DXLab\DXKeeper\Reports\DX Marathon Scoresheet-2020.1.xls
but it's entirely up to you, so long as you put the correct path in there - or click on the SELECT button to find it, and close the box, and the CONFIG.

Next, go to the CHECK PROGRESS tab at the top of DXKeeper, and in the 2nd panel down in the middle, under CQ DS MARATHON, click on PROGRESS.
That will generate a submission in the correct format for emailing to CQ.

Hope that helps a bit....

73 de Phil GU0SUP