Topics

Manual QSO Entry Questions

Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ

 Thanks for allowing me to join this group. Regarding DXKeeper I’m a newbie so I’ll apologize in advance. I am heavily invested in using another logging program, but like so many programs they don’t offer an easy way to manually enter contacts from paper logs. I though I had that task completed, until last week when I discovered four paper log books from the 70’s. Some Google searches revealed that DXKeeper has this ability. Once I enter all these QSO’s I want to export them in ADIF so they can be merged into my existing log.

According to the info I found, “when manually entering already-completed QSOs, e.g. from a paper logbook, use the Main window's Log QSOs tab and un-check the optimize for realtime QSO.”

> I’d need to be able to log the basic QSO details: Call, Name, Start Time (end time not required), Country, City & State, RST sent and received, QSL sent and Received and “notes” – preferably all on one screen or perhaps into an Excel like spreadsheet format.

> The laptop I’m going to use does not have Internet access, so I downloaded the version which could be installed w/o internet access. I installed it and have several questions.

1.

I’m unable to find the “un-check the optimize for realtime QSO.” _ where is it?

2.     >   Regarding location, the country section is obvious, but I don’t see any place for City and State. I’m certain that if the software is logging real time QSO’s this info is imported from QRZ.COM. Afterwards I cannot use QRZ to update these manually entered QSO’s because many of the stations have passed on and other calls have been reassigned.

3.       Reading on I discovered that the missing data input mentioned above is found in one of the other 9 QSO categories tabs. Is there any way to create or edit the main screen to contain all the data I need to enter? Perhaps some videos?

4.       Is there a link to where the entire manual can be downloaded, in one file?
Thanks Bob, WA2SQQ

Thanks for allowing me to join this group. Regarding DXKeeper I’m a newbie so I’ll apologize in advance.

+ Welcome to DXLab!

According to the info I found, “when manually entering already-completed QSOs, e.g. from a paper logbook, use the Main window's Log QSOs tab and un-check the optimize for realtime QSO.” <https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm#Automatically set QSO date & time>

1. I’m unable to find the “un-check the optimize for realtime QSO.” _ where is it? <https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm#Automatically set QSO date & time>

2. Regarding location, the country section is obvious, but I don’t see any place for City and State. I’m certain that if the software is logging real time QSO’s this info is imported from QRZ.COM. Afterwards I cannot use QRZ to update these manually entered QSO’s because many of the stations have passed on and other calls have been reassigned.

3. Reading on I discovered that the missing data input mentioned above is found in one of the other 9 QSO categories tabs. Is there any way to create or edit the main screen to contain all the data I need to enter? Perhaps some videos?

4. Is there a link to where the entire manual can be downloaded, in one file?

+ What version of DXKeeper appears in the Main window's title bar? The current version of DXKeeper is 15.7.0

+ The "Optimize for realtime QSO entry" option is in the "Main Log QSOs options" panel on the Configuration window's General tab.

+ You have control over the columns that appear in the Log Page Display:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LogPageDisplayConfiguration>

+ You have control over the panels that appear above the Log Page Display that show information in the selected QSO; see the "Selecting QSOs" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSODisplay>

+ DXKeeper's Reference Documentation is available in a PDF file:

<http://www.ambersoft.com/DXLab/DXKeeper/DXKeeper.pdf>

+ Before you pursue the above references, I suggest that you first review

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted>

+ and

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/Logging>