Topics

Macro For Uploading Spots?

Hasan Schiers N0AN

When 6 meters is open, I have the connecting window to SpotCollector open, so I can manually type in a spot like this:

DX 50313 PV8DX FT8 -13

I want to create a macro so I can invoke it to give this:

DX 50313     (and then allow me to enter the call and any other info before it gets sent to the Cluster)

I have read the help and played around with the macro config panel and I just can't get it to do what I want. No matter what I put in the Macro text, it gets sent immediately, and does not give me a chance to input the callsign I'm trying to spot.

Is there a way to do this with SpotCollector, or do I have to resort to an external macro recorder/player to accomplish this.

In a few minutes time, I might have 5 or 10 spots I want to upload and typing DX 50313 <callisign> over and over and over again seems silly.

What I'm actually looking for is a command to append to the macro text that says, fill in, but don't transmit it yet, wait for user input from the text box.

Something like this:

DX 50313 <input from text box> then transmit when I hit enter.

Hitting F5 (for example) would:

Place DX 50313 in the transmit queue and await me typing in whatever I want PY5II (for example) and when I hit the enter key, it would transmit the macro and the appended PY5II to  the DXCluster.

This way if I have 3 spots I want to upload, I can hit

F5 AA4CB
F5 W0GJ
F5 W9FZ

instead of (for each one) DX 50313 CALL

It doesn't save a ton of typing but it does eliminate unnecessary repetitive typing.

73, N0AN

I know I could do this with an external macro program, but if it is doable from inside SpotCollector, I would prefer it that way.

73, N0AN
Hasan

[...]

+ In your spot source panel, define this macro:

DX 50313 <textbox>

+ To generate a spot like

DX 50313 PV8DX FT8 -13

+ then in the Macro panel's textbox (below the macro buttons), type

PV8DX FT8 -13

+ and then invoke the macro.

+ Note the contents of the Macro panel's textbox will remain populated after each macro invocation, so you can simply replace its callsign and signal report for each outgoing spot.

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Tnx Dave, will try that. working JA's on 6m atm!
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 4:29 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Perfect Dave, exactly what I was lookingj for.Thanks much. 73, N0AN
Hasan

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 5:02 PM Hasan Schiers N0AN via groups.io <hbasri.schiers6=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/07/2020 8:09 am, Hasan Schiers N0AN wrote:
Perfect Dave, exactly what I was lookingj for.Thanks much. 73, N0AN
Hasan

IMHO, if you want to spot your Log, at least spot the Mode. None of your 6m Cluster spots contain any message.

de Laurie VK3AMA