Topics

LOTW upload issues?

n4qwf .

There is something weird going on with LOTW. I have not been able to upload QSO's using DXLab since 3/20/2020 @19:57z. I can sync QSO's without issue. I have also lost one credit from my WAS account. I have 8 bands with 50 states credited but my WAS mixed has been reduced to 49. My WAS digital is also 49 now and I have WAS digital credited using 4 different digital modes. A week or so back I had a bunch of credits removed from my DXCC account and I had to call them to get them reinstated. 

Something ain't right in Newington!

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

There is something weird going on with LOTW. I have not been able to upload QSO's using DXLab since 3/20/2020 @19:57z.

+ What happens when you try to submit QSOs to LoTW?

+ When you check your Callsign Certificate's properties in TQSL, what is shown as the expiration date?

Dave, AA6YQ

Mike Kasrich

Still not working exactly correct. I have 3 qsos that attempted to upload when disaster hit LoTW yesterday. Today the qsos don't show up on LoTW and I get an error that they are duplicates. Not sure if it is still a LoTW glitch or if I have something incorrect in DXLab.

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Still not working exactly correct. I have 3 qsos that attempted to upload when disaster hit LoTW yesterday. Today the qsos don't show up on LoTW and I get an error that they are duplicates. Not sure if it is still a LoTW glitch or if I have something incorrect in DXLab.

+ That error message comes from TQSL: it's refusing to submit your QSOs because one or more of them have already been submitted to LoTW. To get around this, check the "Permit uploading of QSOs already uploaded to LoTW" box on the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab. Then try submitting your QSOs to LoTW again.

Dave, AA6YQ

Mike Kasrich

That did it. Thanks.

On 3/21/2020 4:14 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

+ That error message comes from TQSL: it's refusing to submit your QSOs because one or more of them have already been submitted to LoTW. To get around this, check the "Permit uploading of QSOs already uploaded to LoTW" box on the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab. Then try submitting your QSOs to LoTW again.

Dave, AA6YQ

n4qwf .

I can login to LOTW using TQSL and upload QSO's. The certificate dates are BEGIN 2-27-2020 and END 2-26-2023. 

When I try to upload to LOTW using DXKeeper I get a window that says "Waiting for TQSL to complete processing". I have waited for an hour at times without any progress occuring. 

I can sync LOTW and download confirmations to my log using the "Sync LOTW QSL's" button on the QSL screen. I have received three credits today from past QSO's without any problem. 

Would you suggest that I upload the 5 pending QSO's using TQSL and marking them as sent manually?

73<<John

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I can login to LOTW using TQSL and upload QSO's. The certificate dates are BEGIN 2-27-2020 and END 2-26-2023.

When I try to upload to LOTW using DXKeeper I get a window that says "Waiting for TQSL to complete processing". I have waited for an hour at times without any progress occuring.

I can sync LOTW and download confirmations to my log using the "Sync LOTW QSL's" button on the QSL screen. I have received three credits today from past QSO's without any problem.

Would you suggest that I upload the 5 pending QSO's using TQSL and marking them as sent manually?

+ No. I suggest that you do the following:

1. reboot Windows into "Safe mode with networking"

2. start the Launcher

3. direct the Launcher to start DXKeeper

4. direct DXKeeper to upload your QSOs to LoTW; does it succeed?

Dave, AA6YQ

n4qwf .

Thanks again Dave for the help. Rebooting in safe mode solved the upload problem. I uploaded one of the 6 q's while in safe mode and it worked. When I returned to normal mode it uploaded the other 5 without issue. I have entered a ticket with LOTW concerning the credits that are a problem on LOTW. 

73<<John

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 04:29 PM, n4qwf . wrote:

Thanks again Dave for the help. Rebooting in safe mode solved the upload problem. I uploaded one of the 6 q's while in safe mode and it worked. When I returned to normal mode it uploaded the other 5 without issue. I have entered a ticket with LOTW concerning the credits that are a problem on LOTW.

+ The fact that booting from "Safe Mode with Networking" worked means that an application automatically started when Windows is booted normally was responsible for preventing DXKeeper from interacting with TQSL. The culprit is almost always a misconfigured or incompetent anti-malware application.

+ Why you were still able to upload after booting Windows normally is a mystery.

Dave, AA6YQ

K0BBC

You can quickly check the health of the LOTW Inbox at the following link
http://www.arrl.org/logbook-queue-status