Topics

LOTW upload aborted

Bill Stravinsky

I just imported logs from n1mm to Dxlab and am trying to upload to Lotw.  When I do this procedure I have Select equal to Y so I know what contacts to upload then after I'm finished
with Lotw, EQsl and ClubLog uploads I set the Select to N and wait for more contest logs to do the same procedure.  The upload to Lotw is being aborted and the report says because
2 of 1280 records are duplicates.  How can I find these 2 duplicates to figure out what I have to do with them so I can get these records uploaded and finish my procedure?

I always do this procedure in the same order so Lotw is first then I do EQsl and then ClubLog.  I don't know what EQsl & ClubLog will do with these duplicates but I need to resolve this.
The notepad report that comes up with the Lotw result says "Final Status: No QSOs written (8)" whatever that means.  I am assuming that is the code for duplicates or the reason for the abort.

I need help, hi.

Bill
K3WJV

I just imported logs from n1mm to Dxlab and am trying to upload to Lotw. When I do this procedure I have Select equal to Y so I know what contacts to upload then after I'm finished with Lotw, EQsl and ClubLog uploads I set the Select to N and wait for more contest logs to do the same procedure. The upload to Lotw is being aborted and the report says because
2 of 1280 records are duplicates. How can I find these 2 duplicates to figure out what I have to do with them so I can get these records uploaded and finish my procedure?

+ In TQSL terminology, a "duplicate QSO" is one that's already been submitted to LoTW.

+ If your log contains more than one copy of the same QSO - an actual duplicate QSO - attempting to submit both copies to LoTW will trigger the above error message from TQSL.

+ To determine whether you have duplicate QSOs in your log, see

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RemovingDuplicates>

Bill Stravinsky

step 3 of that procedure:

in the Advanced Filters, Sorts, and Modifiers window's Duplicates panel, click the Filter button; since this operation will clear the Select item in every logged QSO and then set the Select item to Y in each duplicate QSO, you will be prompted to confirm that you wish to proceed.

I'm not trying to repeat anything but if you read my question it mentions that I have the last 1280 contacts Select status set to Y. Here are my questions:

1. After performing this procedure and it changes the Select status to reflect just the duplicates, will my original 1280 contacts revert back to Y with the rest of the log being N like it was?
After the procedure if I click the SEL button will it filter the log again to show just those 1280 contacts being marked Y like they were before step 3? so I can upload with the Y filter

2. Can I just work with the 1280 contacts that are marked Y since that apparently is where the problem is with the duplicates or do I just perform step 3 with no select status (clicking X to reset the filter
and doing this procedure for over 100K contacts.  This warning didn't happen until I tried to upload these 1280 contacts. The warning from Lotw says 2 of 1280 contacts are duplicates.

Bill
K3WJV

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 2:11:03 AM EDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ No.

After the procedure if I click the SEL button will it filter the log again to show just those 1280 contacts being marked Y like they were before step 3?

+ No.

2. Can I just work with the 1280 contacts that are marked Y since that apparently is where the problem is with the duplicates or do I just perform step 3 with no select status (clicking X to reset the filter and doing this procedure for over 100K contacts. This warning didn't happen until I tried to upload these 1280 contacts. The warning from Lotw says 2 of 1280 contacts are duplicates.

+ The error message from TQSL means 2 of the QSOs your trying to submit have already been submitted before.

+ The duplicate checker checks your entire log for duplicates; there is no way to check for duplicate QSOs within a subset of your log.

+ Try this procedure with the 1280 QSOs having their Select items set to 'Y':

1. Terminate DXKeeper

2. Make a copy of your log file

3. Start DXKeeper

4. Direct DXKeeper to load the new copy of your log file.

5. Delete all QSOs whose Select items are not set to 'Y'.

6. Invoke the duplicate checking function to locate the duplicate QSO, and jot down their call/date/time/band/mode

7. Direct DXKeeper to load your original log file

8. Manually delete the duplicate QSOs found in step 6

Bill Stravinsky

Dave

First off thanks for the fast responses to all questions on here.  As it turned out the answer to the problem was staring back at me but I didn't notice it right away.
When I had the 1280 contacts loaded into the Lotw queue I happened to scroll to the beginning of the list a few times and all of a sudden it jumped right out. The contacts
I was trying to upload started on Sept 4th and the first 2 contacts were dated Aug 27th.  Apparently when I did a CTRL click on SEL the last time I did my uploading
to change all the Y's to N's it somehow left 2 stragglers with Y's which of course were already uploaded.

So now I make it a habit to hit SEL after changing the Y's to see if any didn't get switched.

By the way, I always try to learn stuff on my own and after you answered me this morning after my 2nd set of questions I played around trying to find a work around
to have another way of identifying a group of Q's other than the Select Y for future reference.  I came up with an SQL to show a U in the Temp box in Auxiliary.  That is how
I was going to try your 2nd fix but luckily found the error.

Thanks again.

Bill
K3WJV

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 12:03:02 PM EDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Carl - WC4H

It sounds like you want to do manually stuff that DXKeeper can do for you.

You can set the parameter for LoTW QSL status:
Default it to R when QSO is entered.
Then, in the QSL tab, select LoTW in the QSL via panel and click on the "add requested" button.
Then click on the "Upload to LoTW" button.  This will change the LoTW status from R to U.

Sometime later (it's prudent to wait an hour or two) click on the "Sync LoTW QSOs".  This will Change the LoTW status from U to Y for those that have been processed.

Then click on the Sync LoTW QSLs button to see what has been confirmed.

73.
Carl - WC4H

Bill Stravinsky

Its not just for Lotw.  I also upload to EQsl and ClubLog so every contact I either work casually or import from n1mm I have set to "Set select in imported QSO to Y".
I have to manually set select to Y but the majority of my operating is contesting so it gets set automatically when I import.  Then when I have several hundred Q's
ready to upload to those 3 sources I just hit Sel to filter the log for all the Y's and do all the uploading.

Also, I use the QSL status setting to R to mark Q's to make QSL labels so your idea wouldn't work in my case.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Bill
K3WJV

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 6:19:34 PM EDT, Carl - WC4H via Groups.Io <wc4h.dx@...> wrote:

[...]

+ Carl WC4H is right, Bill. After importing an ADIF file, you can

1. On the Main window's QSL tab,

1a. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW

1b. click the "Add Requested" button

1c. click the "Upload to LoTW" button

1d. set the "QSL Via" panel to eQSL.cc

1e. click the "Add Requested" button

1f. click the "Upload to eQSL.cc" button

2. On the Main window's "Check Progress" tab, click the "Club Log" panel's Upload button

+ The above procedure will upload your new QSOs to LoTW, eQSL, and Club Log.

+ Note that you can configure DXKeeper to automatically upload each newly-logged QSO to LoTW, eQSL, and Club Log.

Also, I use the QSL status setting to R to mark Q's to make QSL labels so your idea wouldn't work in my case.

+ The above procedure in no way interferes with DXKeeper's ability to print QSL labels.

Bill Stravinsky

To me its eenee meenee.  I still have to click things.  It is no big deal to do my uploading using the Select setting to do that in the QSL panel.  Since I do 99% contesting
I use n1mm to do that then just import the adif's and they get the Y status.  Using the add requested to load the queue or using the SEL to filter the log  and load the queue
gets me to the same place.  And I do the QSL requested for labels at other times and wait until I receive cards from the bureau which takes time.  I need those 2 status marks
to be separate as one is for all contacts and the other is when I get enough cards to send to ARRL.

DxLab is versatile so more than one way to accomplish the same thing.  But thanks for pointing out another road to get to the same destination.

Bill

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 11:00:08 PM EDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Although I do see the online QSL and normal QSL  panels to be different so maybe I will explore those other options at some point.  I think I see where you are trying to direct me.

Bill
K3WJV