Topics

LotW, linking call signs and associated questions

David Reed

Good morning folks; I hope all is well with you out there!

[Cross-posted to CTDXCC and DXLab groups]

I have decided to embark on a bit more award chasing and I have run into a few questions...

I would like to get DXCC credit for entities worked under my previous US calls... I think this means I need LotW callsign certificates for each call. Is this right?

The next part of this problem; as I age, my memory becomes less reliable; is there some way I can determine which years I held each call? (WN5GDL, WB5GDL, KC5AY, KK5D (all Continental US)).

I assume from there I can apply for the certificates and link them.

Then the part I don't need help with (other than mental health help); searching for my old log books and QSL cards...

Thanks in advance for your answers!

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 9:32 AM David Reed <w5sv.dave@gmail.com> wrote:

Good morning folks; I hope all is well with you out there!

[Cross-posted to CTDXCC and DXLab groups]

I have decided to embark on a bit more award chasing and I have run into
a few questions...

I would like to get DXCC credit for entities worked under my previous US
calls... I think this means I need LotW callsign certificates for each
call. Is this right?
Assuming you have not already uploaded those QSOs, yes.

The next part of this problem; as I age, my memory becomes less
reliable; is there some way I can determine which years I held each
call? (WN5GDL, WB5GDL, KC5AY, KK5D (all Continental US)).
http://ae7q.com/ is a handy resource for things like this, but pre-ULS
data is limited. Looks like you might have had KK5D from Jan 1984,
then W5SV from April 1997, but there's no history before KK5D.

http://ae7q.com/query/data/FrnHistory.php?FRN=0002413318

73,

~iain / N6ML

Bill Eggers

Archive.org has several old callbooks you can search:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=wn5gdl+wb5gdl+kc5ay+kk5d+%22David+F+Reed%22&;sin=TXT

You should double check the match results, or enter a different search parameters if appropriate; it is using OCR so YMMV.  A match for WN5GDL for 1963 looks like someone else had the call.  You can also look in each individual callbook yourself.  You can find the available callbooks with a search like this:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=callbook&;sin=

73,
Bill
WB2RIS

On 1/13/2021 1:10 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:
[...]

https://www.avg.com

David Reed

Thanks everyone; I got plenty to work with now!

On Jan 13, 2021, at 13:14, Bill Eggers via groups.io <wb2ris=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Pete Ritter

Have you kept your old paper logbooks and QSL cards?  For purposes of the ARRL awards and LoTW, you don't need precise dates of licensure. Refer to your logbooks and to QSL cards.