LoTW/eQSL membership updates

Yesterday, 9/22/2021 there was a noticed that there was a new update available. I updated the membership files and then ran the update membership for both. Later that day, I discovered that all or the eQSL and LoTW sent dates had been set to 9/22/2021 for both. All qsl sent dates are now wrong. Under further checking, some of the LoTW members that were added as new in July, were now listed as 'no longer members', their membership flag set to 'null' but their sent flag set to 'R' and sent date set to 9/22/2021. I can go back to a backup file from 9/21. but all log entries after that point needs to be recovered. 

How did the update to the member ship flag do all that damage.

As for the eQSL membership update, I still have to go through all log entries that are not "A", to find those who are just members and set their flag to "Y". The eQSL membership update still excludes anyone who is not an "AG" member.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.
--
Mike
73 de KE5WCT

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ commenst below

Yesterday, 9/22/2021 there was a noticed that there was a new update available. I updated the membership files and then ran the update membership for both. Later that day, I discovered that all or the eQSL and LoTW sent dates had been set to 9/22/2021 for both. All qsl sent dates are now wrong. Under further checking, some of the LoTW members that were added as new in July, were now listed as 'no longer members', their membership flag set to 'null' but their sent flag set to 'R' and sent date set to 9/22/2021. I can go back to a backup file from 9/21. but all log entries after that point needs to be recovered.

How did the update to the member ship flag do all that damage.

+ It didn't.

+ Both a code review and invoking the function on my log confirm that the "Update LoTW Membership" function ("QSL Configuration" window, LoTW tab) only changes the "LoTW Member" item of each logged QSO. This function makes no changes to any other items of a logged QSO.

+ The "Update LoTW Membership" function generates a text file in DXKeeper's Reports folder, in your case likely named

KE5WCT Update LoTW Membership Actions 2021-09-23.txt

+ Please attach this file to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

As for the eQSL membership update, I still have to go through all log entries that are not "A", to find those who are just members and set their flag to "Y". The eQSL membership update still excludes anyone who is not an "AG" member.

+ The list published by eQSL only includes Authenticity Guaranteed (AG) members.

Dave, AA6YQ