LoTW download failure

Mike KC7V

I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Mike

Rod Greene

Same here Mike, I tried it just now.

73, Rod/w7zrc

On Monday, June 14, 2021, 10:11:07 AM MDT, Mike KC7V <mikekc7v@...> wrote:

I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Mike

Steve GW4BKG

Yes me too.
I can access the LOTW website and view my QSLs so it must just be the download function.
Steve
GW4BKG

On 14 Jun 2021, at 17:10, Mike KC7V <mikekc7v@...> wrote:

I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Mike

nk4l

Same here Mike , Jose NK4L

--
jose gonzalez

Michael Martin - EI4CKB

Yes same here.

73 de Mike
EI4CKB

On Mon 14 Jun 2021, 17:13 Rod Greene via groups.io, <w7zrc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Same here Mike, I tried it just now.

73, Rod/w7zrc

On Monday, June 14, 2021, 10:11:07 AM MDT, Mike KC7V <mikekc7v@...> wrote:

I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Mike

nk4l

I send Dave the error message file a few minutes ago, Jose NK4L

On Monday, June 14, 2021, 12:20:36 PM EDT, Michael Martin - EI4CKB <ei4ckb@...> wrote:

Yes same here.

73 de Mike
EI4CKB

On Mon 14 Jun 2021, 17:13 Rod Greene via groups.io, <w7zrc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Same here Mike, I tried it just now.

73, Rod/w7zrc

On Monday, June 14, 2021, 10:11:07 AM MDT, Mike KC7V <mikekc7v@...> wrote:

I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Mike

--
jose gonzalez

I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone else experiencing this?

+ See

https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/201929

+ If you're running GridTracker and haven't yet upgraded to the newly-released version v1.21.0613, then be sure the Startup option for LoTW is disabled on the Logging tab of GridTracker's Settings window.

Ray Andrews

Same here.  DXK can check the LoTW Queue, but get download failure on both Sync LoTW QSOs & Sync LoTW QSLs.  LoTW website is okay.

73, Ray, K9DUR

nk4l

Not running Grid tracker here on this end, Jose NK4L

On Monday, June 14, 2021, 12:25:59 PM EDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below
I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone else experiencing this?

+ See

https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/201929

+ If you're running GridTracker and haven't yet upgraded to the newly-released version v1.21.0613, then be sure the Startup option for LoTW is disabled on the Logging tab of GridTracker's Settings window.

jose gonzalez

Phil Cooper

Hi all,

Yeah, getting the same now (at 1634UTC) and the queue is showing up at 7m or so.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Mike

Mike Flowers

Also fails from QRZ.COM beta log page – so it appears that the failure is at LotW.

Not running Grid tracker here on this end, Jose NK4L

On Monday, June 14, 2021, 12:25:59 PM EDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone else experiencing this?

+ See

https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/201929

+ If you're running GridTracker and haven't yet upgraded to the newly-released version v1.21.0613, then be sure the Startup option for LoTW is disabled on the Logging tab of GridTracker's Settings window.

jose gonzalez

Phil Cooper

Hi Dave,

Nope, not running GridTracker at all. Never used it, and never downloaded it.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone
else experiencing this?
+ See

https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/201929

+ If you're running GridTracker and haven't yet upgraded to the newly-released version v1.21.0613, then be sure the *Startup* option for LoTW is disabled on the Logging tab of GridTracker's Settings window.

Michael Martin - EI4CKB

I think this is an LoTW issue Dave. It's a problem even if Gridtracker not running and I have new Gridtracker version installed. I'm sure they'll fix it soon enough.

73 de Mike
EI4CKB

On Mon 14 Jun 2021, 17:26 Dave AA6YQ, <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone else experiencing this?

+ See

https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/201929

+ If you're running GridTracker and haven't yet upgraded to the newly-released version v1.21.0613, then be sure the Startup option for LoTW is disabled on the Logging tab of GridTracker's Settings window.

Joe - W9RF

getting  the same thing here.

Not running Gridtracker.

Seems like LoTW is having a problem

73,

W9RF - Joe
\

On Monday, June 14, 2021, 11:26:05 AM CDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below
I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone else experiencing this?

+ See

https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/201929

+ If you're running GridTracker and haven't yet upgraded to the newly-released version v1.21.0613, then be sure the Startup option for LoTW is disabled on the Logging tab of GridTracker's Settings window.

Joe - W9RF

working now..

On Monday, June 14, 2021, 11:38:35 AM CDT, Joe - W9RF via groups.io <ray_cathode1@...> wrote:

getting  the same thing here.

Not running Gridtracker.

Seems like LoTW is having a problem

73,

W9RF - Joe
\

On Monday, June 14, 2021, 11:26:05 AM CDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below
I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone else experiencing this?

+ See

https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/201929

+ If you're running GridTracker and haven't yet upgraded to the newly-released version v1.21.0613, then be sure the Startup option for LoTW is disabled on the Logging tab of GridTracker's Settings window.

Mike KC7V

Not using Gridtracker here.  Hope someone on the LoTW team looks at this.

--
73, Mike KC7V
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...>

Getting the same as you all. I am just making a list to upload later.

--
73's NU4N Dave

g4wjs

On 14/06/2021 17:10, Mike KC7V wrote:
I am getting a download failure message from LoTW this morning.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Mike
Hi Mike and all,

the outage at the LoTW server seems to be resolved now.

Bill

G4WJS.

I send Dave the error message file a few minutes ago, Jose NK4L

+ The errorlog you sent me indicates that DXKeeper's received an "invalid request" from LoTW when it requested your QSOs or QSLs.

+ LoTW's undocumented "download abuse blocker" causes this response when it's been triggered by what it considers unacceptable downloading activity from your LoTW account. I do not know what criteria it uses to determine "unacceptable", but having GridTracker configured to download all of your QSOs from LoTW each time it starts demonstrably increased the incidence of "invalid request" responses. This has been reported by users of other logging applications, not just by DXKeeper users.

+ I just now successfully executed a "Sync LoTW QSOs" operation; perhaps LoTW was in a "bad state" that's now been corrected...

Not using Gridtracker here. Hope someone on the LoTW team looks at this.

+ There is no LoTW team.

+ Mike K1MK, previously the ARRL's IT manager, and with whom I've been working since 2012, has left the ARRL.

+ Doug Haney, the only other LoTW developer, has also left the ARRL.

+ Don't like it? Contact your ARRL Director.