LoTW and eQSL status of QSO's uploaded from HRD Logbook

Norm - KC1BMD

My log was imported from an ADIF file generated from HRD Logbook after I installed DXKeeper. I had already uploaded the QSO's to LoTW and eQSL using HRD Logbook. I would like to get the confirmed status from LoTW and eQSL into DXKeeper. I'm a little confused about what I need to do. If this is possible, what would be the easiest way to proceed to just update the eQSL and LoTW confirmed status in DXKeeper. Anything I need to be careful about?

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

Gilbert Baron W0MN

Not positive but I think this would do it.

DownloadLotW - DX Lab Suite Wiki

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

My log was imported from an ADIF file generated from HRD Logbook after I installed DXKeeper. I had already uploaded the QSO's to LoTW and eQSL using HRD Logbook. I would like to get the confirmed status from LoTW and eQSL into DXKeeper. I'm a little confused about what I need to do. If this is possible, what would be the easiest way to proceed to just update the eQSL and LoTW confirmed status in DXKeeper. Anything I need to be careful about?

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Gilbert Baron W0MN

And this for eqsl assuming you have eqsl set up. If not there is a link in wiki for initiall use of eqsl.

    DownloadeQSL - DX Lab Suite Wiki

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

My log was imported from an ADIF file generated from HRD Logbook after I installed DXKeeper. I had already uploaded the QSO's to LoTW and eQSL using HRD Logbook. I would like to get the confirmed status from LoTW and eQSL into DXKeeper. I'm a little confused about what I need to do. If this is possible, what would be the easiest way to proceed to just update the eQSL and LoTW confirmed status in DXKeeper. Anything I need to be careful about?

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Norm - KC1BMD

I'd like to know if it matters whether I uploaded the QSO's using HRD instead of using DXKeeper (i.e. does DXKeeper care)? The LoTW Sync button on the QSL tab says that QSO's will be downloaded. I don't want to download QSO's that I already have in my log. I only want to update the QSL confirmation status. Unless I can get clarification it might be easier for me to just continue exporting my DXKeeper QSO's to ADIF, importing them to HRD logbook and from there uploading/downloading with LoTW and eQSL and tracking the status in HRD, which is what I have been doing anyway since installing the DXLab Suite a couple of weeks ago..

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

My log was imported from an ADIF file generated from HRD Logbook after I installed DXKeeper. I had already uploaded the QSO's to LoTW and eQSL using HRD Logbook. I would like to get the confirmed status from LoTW and eQSL into DXKeeper. I'm a little confused about what I need to do. If this is possible, what would be the easiest way to proceed to just update the eQSL and LoTW confirmed status in DXKeeper. Anything I need to be careful about?

+ The step-by-step procedure for LoTW is here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOsAlreadyUploadedLotW

+ Depending on how many QSOs you've submitted to LoTW, this can take awhile. My advices is to start it before retiring for the evening. Don't be fooled by "not responding" appearing in DXKeeper's Main window title bar; that's just Microsoft's (user hostile) way of informing you that the application is waiting for information being downloaded.

+ For eQSL.cc, set the "QSL Via" panel on the Main window's QSL tab to "eQSL.cc" and then depress the CTRL key while clicking the "Sync eQSL.cc QSLs" button; this operation can also take a while.

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-02-27 4:09 PM, Norm - KC1BMD wrote:
I'd like to know if it matters whether I uploaded the QSO's using HRD
instead of using DXKeeper (i.e. does DXKeeper care)? The LoTW Sync
button on the QSL tab says that **QSO's will be downloaded. **I don't
want to download QSO's that I already have in my log.
While DXKeeper downloads QSOs/QSLs when doing a "sync" operation, those
QSOs are *not* added to the log, the status of the matching QSOs in
the log are updated.

On 2021-02-27 4:09 PM, Norm - KC1BMD wrote:
I'd like to know if it matters whether I uploaded the QSO's using HRD instead of using DXKeeper (i.e. does DXKeeper care)? The LoTW Sync button on the QSL tab says that **QSO's will be downloaded. **I don't want to download QSO's that I already have in my log. I only want to update the QSL confirmation status. Unless I can get clarification it might be easier for me to just continue exporting my DXKeeper QSO's to ADIF, importing them to HRD logbook and from there uploading/downloading with LoTW and eQSL and tracking the status in HRD, which is what I have been doing anyway since installing the DXLab Suite a couple of weeks ago..
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comment sbeloe

I'd like to know if it matters whether I uploaded the QSO's using HRD instead of using DXKeeper (i.e. does DXKeeper care)?

+ LoTW doesn't know which application submitted QSOs, and so can't report this information when directed to provide it.

The LoTW Sync button on the QSL tab says that QSO's will be downloaded. I don't want to download QSO's that I already have in my log. I only want to update the QSL confirmation status. Unless I can get clarification

+ You can "get clarification" by reading this section of the reference documentation:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/QSL.htm#Updating_Logged_QSOs_to_their_Reflect_Acceptance_and_Confirmation_by_LotW

+ The fact that DXKeeper's "Sync LoTW QSOs" and "Sync LoTW QSLs" functions update logged QSOs with information obtained from LoTW is also described here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DownloadLotW

Norm - KC1BMD

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 04:34 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
I'd like to know if it matters whether I uploaded the QSO's using HRD instead of using DXKeeper (i.e. does DXKeeper care)?

+ LoTW doesn't know which application submitted QSOs, and so can't report this information when directed to provide it.
I understood that LoTW would not know how data was submitted but thought DXKeeper might care if it tracked whether it uploaded the data or not. But OK, I understand. After looking at my log more carefully, it seems that the eQSL and LoTW data was populated when I imported the ADIF, so I think I only have the 18 newest QSO's to sync for both online systems.

Maybe I'll switch from HRD logbook to DXKeeper for everything if I can get accustomed to it. The capabilities (and number of configuration items) is a little daunting and there lots of ways to mess things up, whereas the HRD Logbook could be used as a graphic on "Logging for Dummies" (hi). I do back up my DXK log on exit, so that should help if I run into problems.

I book marked the main index of the Wiki too, so it should enhance my searching for user information. Thanks very much to all for this info!

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

[...]

+ DXLab was designed for users willing to make the investment of time required to effectively use its advanced capabilities. Yes, being able to modify thousands of QSOs en masse means that you can "mess things up" if you haven't ever reviewed the documentation and fail to backup your log beforehand - but it's mighty handy when you've imported a file of QSOs whose times were recorded in PST instead of UTC, or whose Station Callsign items are all incorrect. Yes, it takes time to learn how to exploit SpotCollector's Spot Database to identify propagation openings between your QTH and needed DX stations, and to discern the operating patterns of those needed DX stations; aggressive DXers are happy to traverse that learning curve - rather than spend time in pileups with the cluster hordes.

+ There's nothing wrong with using a simpler application if it better meets your needs.

Norm - KC1BMD

Points well taken and I need to invest the time to learn. I selected the most recent CSO's that did not have confirmation status (about 18). I had them in the add-selected area of the QSL tab but when I synchronized the QSO's and QSL's, it seemed to do more than these (I thought the action would be limited to these). LoTW sync produced no errors. eQSL produced 100+ errors. I found info for the error: " no QSO matching callsign, band, and mode". I did not modify any of these parameters and they all showed with no errors in HRD Logbook (not that it matters) which was the source of the data. I found info on how to correct the errors and will look at it but I might have overwritten the error.log because I think it might have used the same name when I ran it again right after the first time (where I had far fewer errors). Clearly I need to do more learning. I might just delete my log and re-import the HRD ADIF file again and start over, hopefully on the right path. Thanks for the info.

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

[...]

+ It would be better to first find the root cause of the "no QSO matching callsign, band, and mode" error when invoking "Sync eQSL QSOs". Pick one QSO that generates this error, and compare the information in your DXKeeper log with the information in eQSL.cc.

Norm - KC1BMD

After another re-sync I don't get those errors anymore and only had about a dozen that didn't match for QSO "time". The eQSL default is 15 min, so I increased it to 30 min and then only 3 errors because they were more than 30 min, so I will check these later if I have the data somewhere to try to verify it. No big deal on that though. I'm not sure why the majority of the errors (callsign, band, mode) are no longer occurring.

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

After another re-sync I don't get those errors anymore and only had about a dozen that didn't match for QSO "time". The eQSL default is 15 min, so I increased it to 30 min and then only 3 errors because they were more than 30 min, so I will check these later if I have the data somewhere to try to verify it. No big deal on that though. I'm not sure why the majority of the errors (callsign, band, mode) are no longer occurring.

+ As described in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/QSL.htm#QSLing%20via%20eQSL.cc

"The Sync eQSL.cc QSLs function remembers the date and time at which the last QSL reported was uploaded to eQSL.cc; this date and time is stored in the current log and shown beneath the Sync eQSL.cc QSLs button. When activated, this function directs eQSL.cc to supply only newly-arrived QSLs, thereby minimizing the amount of information to be downloaded and inspected."

+ Unless you change the date and time specified beneath the " Sync eQSL.cc QSLs" button by double-clicking them, DXKeeper's requests to eQSL.cc won't cause eQSL.cc to report those erroneous QSOs because they were already reported.