Topics

Lost control wioth logging from WSJT-X

Knut Meland

I occasionally have problems with logging from WSJT-X (FT8/FT4) into DXKeeper.
Usually the call I just worked remains in the filter (lower line in DXKeeper Log window.) When e new call comes up in WSJT-X, it replaces the old call in the filter. That is normal. But now it refuses to do so. The old call still is in the filter.
Trying to erase the old call does not help.
When I log in WSJT-X, the QSO does not appear in DXKeeper.
Then I manually log the QSO using Capture window.
This results in double or triple entries in DXKeeper.
I feel that I have lost control with this logging procedure.
I have not made any changes in my seup.
Commander, DXKeeper and Sport Collector are all updated an latest version.
Windows 10 latest update.
73 de Knut LA9RY

I occasionally have problems with logging from WSJT-X (FT8/FT4) into DXKeeper.
Usually the call I just worked remains in the filter (lower line in DXKeeper Log window.) When e new call comes up in WSJT-X, it replaces the old call in the filter. That is normal. But now it refuses to do so. The old call still is in the filter.
Trying to erase the old call does not help.
When I log in WSJT-X, the QSO does not appear in DXKeeper.
Then I manually log the QSO using Capture window.
This results in double or triple entries in DXKeeper.
I feel that I have lost control with this logging procedure.
I have not made any changes in my seup.
Commander, DXKeeper and Sport Collector are all updated an latest version.
Windows 10 latest update.

+ What version number is shown in the title bar of DXKeeper's Main window?

+ What version number is shown in the title bar of SpotCollector's Main window?

+ You report a change in behavior in your description above. When did this change first occur? What changes to you hardware or software had you made around that time?

+ Have you rebooted Windows since this change in behavior occurred?

Knut Meland

DXKeeper ver. 15.6.6.
SpotCollector ver. 8.6.9.
First occurrance. Hard to say. I has happpened now and then for quite a long time.
Yes, on my laptop I reboot my Windows several times each day.

I tried this morning. Laptop turned on, starting windows and DXLab (Commander, Keeper, Collector). Call appears in the filter window when i receved response from the called station. I log on prompt from WSJT-X. Then it takes a long time and the call appears in DXKeeper. Time elapsed is so long that i might have had a response from the next station. That was what happened right now. Other times nothing is registered in DXKeeper, and i wonder what is happening. Then, after ended session I inspect the log, and the QSO is in the log more than once.

I have in excess of 30000 QSOs in my log. Is that a challenge?
73 de Knut LA9RY

I tried this morning. Laptop turned on, starting windows and DXLab (Commander, Keeper, Collector). Call appears in the filter window when i receved response from the called station. I log on prompt from WSJT-X. Then it takes a long time and the call appears in DXKeeper. Time elapsed is so long that i might have had a response from the next station. That was what happened right now. Other times nothing is registered in DXKeeper, and i wonder what is happening. Then, after ended session I inspect the log, and the QSO is in the log more than once.

I have in excess of 30000 QSOs in my log. Is that a challenge?

+ 30,000 QSOs is not a challenge.

+ Slow communication among applications is typically the result of interference from anti-malware applications. Do you have your anti-malware applications configured to consider DXKeeper, SpotCollector, Commander, and WSJT-X to be "safe"?

Knut Meland

I use Defender as my anti-malware. I have ensured that it consider DXKeeper, SpotCollector, CI-Vcommander as well as WSJT-X to be safe. Still i have to wait starting the next QSO because the previous has not been logged in DXKeeper.
73 de Knut LA9RY

I use Defender as my anti-malware. I have ensured that it consider DXKeeper, SpotCollector, CI-Vcommander as well as WSJT-X to be safe. Still i have to wait starting the next QSO because the previous has not been logged in DXKeeper.

+ So that I can see what's going on, please do the following:

1. on the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

2. on the General tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

3. log QSOs via WSJT-X; when the delay you report above occurs, wait until the QSO is logged in DXKeeper, and then

3a. on the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

3b. on the General tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

3c. attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message

3d. attach the errorlog.txt file from your SpotCollector folder to the email message you created in step 3.c

3e. send the email message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com