Topics

Long delay with logging FT8 contacts.

ab2ul

Hello,

I am experiencing delays of 3 to 5 minutes when logging FT8 contacts.Usually the first contact logged is rather quick, less than a minute. Contacts after that takes 3 to 5 minutes to log. I am running WSJT-X, DXKeeper, Commander, Pathfinder, Spot Collector and DXview all at the same time. My processor is an i5 so I don't think it is my computer running slow. I do not have any issues when I log my SSB contacts. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Tom de AB2UL

I am experiencing delays of 3 to 5 minutes when logging FT8 contacts.Usually the first contact logged is rather quick, less than a minute. Contacts after that takes 3 to 5 minutes to log. I am running WSJT-X, DXKeeper, Commander, Pathfinder, Spot Collector and DXview all at the same time. My processor is an i5 so I don't think it is my computer running slow. I do not have any issues when I log my SSB contacts. Any suggestions?

+ Has this always been the case, or is this new behavior? If the latter, when did it first appear, and what changes did you make to your hardware or software around that time?

ab2ul

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply. The issue has always been the case. However, I am new to FT8 and have only been using that mode a few months. I waited a while before writing to the group thinking is would resolve itself.

73,

Tom, AB2UL

On 11/22/2020 1:40 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
I am experiencing delays of 3 to 5 minutes when logging FT8 contacts.Usually the first contact logged is rather quick, less than a minute. Contacts after that takes 3 to 5 minutes to log. I am running WSJT-X, DXKeeper, Commander, Pathfinder, Spot Collector and DXview all at the same time. My processor is an i5 so I don't think it is my computer running slow. I do not have any issues when I log my SSB contacts. Any suggestions?

+ Has this always been the case, or is this new behavior? If the latter, when did it first appear, and what changes did you make to your hardware or software around that time?

Thank you for your reply. The issue has always been the case. However, I am new to FT8 and have only been using that mode a few months. I waited a while before writing to the group thinking is would resolve itself.

+ This is likely the result of interference from an incompetent or misconfigured anti-malware application.

+ Testing this hypothesis by rebooting Windows into "Safe Mode with Networking" can't be applied here because device drivers aren't loaded when Windows is booted into "Safe Mode with Networking", which means Commander can't interact with your radio, which means WSJT-X will not be happy. As an alternative, please temporarily disable all of your anti-malware applications (anti-virus, firewall, etc.), and then try logging an FT8 QSO. Any change in behavior?

+ If not, then please do the following:

1. On the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, enable the "Log debugging info" option

2. Make an FT8 QSO, but just before you direct WSJT-X or JT-Alert to log it, note the exact time (to the second) in the title bar of Commander's Main window

3. Log the QSO

4. Wait until the QSO is logged in DXKeeper

5. On the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, disable the "Log debugging info" option

6. Attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message that specifies the callsign of the station with whom you logged the QSO in step 3, and the exact time that you noted in step 3; then send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com