logging issue

Jeffrey griffin

Yesterday afternoon I experienced a computer hard drive failure.  I had to revert to a backup drive that was almost a year old. I got dxlab running with a copy of my log from yesterday. This appeared to be working well, except I can’t upload anything to LoTW. I get a ‘no QSO’s were processed because some QSO’s were duplicates or invalid’ error. I had about 20 QSO’s in the Queue to be uploaded. I get the error trying to upload them. But I then noticed another issue, I made several QSO’s this morning and when I try to upload them separately they fail with the same error. I tried to use just a copy of the main mdb file, and I also tried to replace the entire databases directory, with the same result. I’m at a loss on how to fix this. Anything I can try?

73 Jeff kb2m

Joe Subich, W4TV

On a one time basis ...

QSL Tab -> QSL Config (button) -> LotW tab ... check
the "Permit uploading of QSOs already uploaded to LotW" box.

Note this setting will clear itself after uploading to LotW.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-10-18 9:27 AM, Jeffrey griffin wrote:
Yesterday afternoon I experienced a computer hard drive failure. I had to revert to a backup drive that was almost a year old. I got dxlab running with a copy of my log from yesterday. This appeared to be working well, except I can’t upload anything to LoTW. I get a ‘no QSO’s were processed because some QSO’s were duplicates or invalid’ error. I had about 20 QSO’s in the Queue to be uploaded. I get the error trying to upload them. But I then noticed another issue, I made several QSO’s this morning and when I try to upload them separately they fail with the same error. I tried to use just a copy of the main mdb file, and I also tried to replace the entire databases directory, with the same result. I’m at a loss on how to fix this. Anything I can try?
73 Jeff kb2m

Jeffrey griffin

I just tried this and get the same error...

73 Jeff kb2m

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe Subich, W4TV
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2021 10:08 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] logging issue

On a one time basis ...

QSL Tab -> QSL Config (button) -> LotW tab ... check the "Permit uploading of QSOs already uploaded to LotW" box.

... Joe, W4TV

Yesterday afternoon I experienced a computer hard drive failure. I had to revert to a backup drive that was almost a year old. I got dxlab running with a copy of my log from yesterday. This appeared to be working well, except I can’t upload anything to LoTW. I get a ‘no QSO’s were processed because some QSO’s were duplicates or invalid’ error. I had about 20 QSO’s in the Queue to be uploaded. I get the error trying to upload them. But I then noticed another issue, I made several QSO’s this morning and when I try to upload them separately they fail with the same error. I tried to use just a copy of the main mdb file, and I also tried to replace the entire databases directory, with the same result. I’m at a loss on how to fix this. Anything I can try?

73 Jeff kb2m

Jeffrey griffin

I found my problem. I just noticed that my callsign cert was from the year old disk and I see that it has expired. I had with me, a current copy of my p12 file, a simple matter to update the LoTW certificate. Thanks for your suggestion Joe, I'm sure I will find a use for that in the future. I'm also sorry for all the confusion, I'm in the middle of moving to Florida for the winter and had a bad day yesterday. First I find my Alpha Delta DXCC Plus dipole I leave up for a remote station I operate here from my winter home, came down in some wind we had the other night. Broke the plastic mounting tab in the center. Then last night I had the computer hard drive failure. Were now finally back to packing up...

73 Jeff kb2m

On a one time basis ...

QSL Tab -> QSL Config (button) -> LotW tab ... check the "Permit uploading of QSOs already uploaded to LotW" box.

... Joe, W4TV

73 Jeff kb2m

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-10-18 12:23 PM, Jeffrey griffin wrote:
I found my problem. I just noticed that my callsign cert was from the year old disk and I see that it has expired.
Interesting ... I would have expected tQSL/DXKeeper to have complained
about an invalid certificate in that case.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-10-18 12:23 PM, Jeffrey griffin wrote:
I found my problem. I just noticed that my callsign cert was from the year old disk and I see that it has expired. I had with me, a current copy of my p12 file, a simple matter to update the LoTW certificate. Thanks for your suggestion Joe, I'm sure I will find a use for that in the future. I'm also sorry for all the confusion, I'm in the middle of moving to Florida for the winter and had a bad day yesterday. First I find my Alpha Delta DXCC Plus dipole I leave up for a remote station I operate here from my winter home, came down in some wind we had the other night. Broke the plastic mounting tab in the center. Then last night I had the computer hard drive failure. Were now finally back to packing up...
73 Jeff kb2m
On a one time basis ...
... Joe, W4TV

73 Jeff kb2m