Topics

Logging from WSJTX

ekuebert

Several weeks ago I saw a post(and failed to save it)  that indicated that DXKeeper opened additional windows when a QSO was logged from WSJTX - following DXLabs instructions for the connection/link. The response requested that Log debugging information be turned on and the information sent to Dave. I have the same problem - on occasion at the Awards panel is automatically opened with the subdivision (state or other) flashing. I have been watching for the solution so I could try it, but I must have missed it and cannot find via a search - probably using the wrong term. Please publish the solution. THANKS and STAY SAFE!
--
Ed, K5EK

Several weeks ago I saw a post(and failed to save it) that indicated that DXKeeper opened additional windows when a QSO was logged from WSJTX - following DXLabs instructions for the connection/link. The response requested that Log debugging information be turned on and the information sent to Dave. I have the same problem - on occasion at the Awards panel is automatically opened with the subdivision (state or other) flashing. I have been watching for the solution so I could try it, but I must have missed it and cannot find via a search - probably using the wrong term. Please publish the solution. THANKS and STAY SAFE!

+ As described in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BrokenQSOs>

"If on the Main window's Log QSOs tab you select the Log Page Display entry for a QSO that contains an error in an item displayed in a panel (Auxiliary, QSL, Online QSL, Award, Contest, Propagation, Details, User-defined) that is not currently visible, DXKeeper will automatically make the panel visible, flashing the item's label in red font (for a critical error that must be corrected) or blue font (for an error that should be corrected); a required but unspecified item like Call or Begin or Band or Mode is considered an error."

+ If the Award panel's primary administrative subdivision item (state, province, department, prefecture, ...) is flashing, that means the specified item is inconsistent with the QSO's DXCC entity. If the Award panel's secondary administrative subdivision item (county, district, city/gun, ...) is flashing, that means the specified item is inconsistent with the QSO's primary administrative subdivision item. You can correct this by replacing the invalid item with a valid one chosen from the selectors. Alternatively, if you're not pursuing awards that depend on the accurate logging of primary and secondary administrative subdivisions and don't mind continuing to accumulate invalid location information in your log, uncheck the "subdivision validity checking" box in the "Other Awards" panel on the Awards tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, and DXKeeper will stop flagging invalid of primary and secondary administrative subdivisions.