Log won't open after upgrade

nk4l

I just performed and upgrade from DXLab Launcher and one of them was a log update now my log won't open I get this messages ( Existing fields were not successfully updated due to an error noted in the errorlog.txt file the specified log cannot be opened) and second (unable to open log database: C:\DXKeeper\Database\nk4l.mdb).
Any ideas how I can recover my log ....Thanks Jose NK4L

--
jose gonzalez

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below
I just performed and upgrade from DXLab Launcher and one of them was a log update now my log won't open I get this messages ( Existing fields were not successfully updated due to an error noted in the errorlog.txt file the specified log cannot be opened) and second (unable to open log database: C:\DXKeeper\Database\nk4l.mdb).
Any ideas how I can recover my log
+ You could continue to use your log by reverting to the previous version of DXKeeper, but if you place your log file in a zip archive, attach the zip archive to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

+ I will "upgrade" it and send it back to you.

Dave, AA6YQ

nk4l

Since I had made a Backup copy what I found easier to do was re-install the log and uploaded my backup copy then re-synk LOTW qsl's and a took 5 hours but it looks like everything is now back to normal, thanks Dave....
--
jose gonzalez

Gary Slagel

I'm getting the exact same error as Jose.   How can I revert to the previous version of DXKEEPER.   I'd like to give that a try as I don't have a good backup of my database file so I'd like to get it working again at that level and get a good backup.   Then I'll try and get the update done.

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I'm getting the exact same error as Jose. How can I revert to the previous version of DXKEEPER. I'd like to give that a try as I don't have a good backup of my database file so I'd like to get it working again at that level and get a good backup. Then I'll try and get the update done.

+ DXKeeper 16.1.0, publicly released on April 20, attempts to expand the capacity of your log's Mode item from 8 to 12 characters to support new Modes added in ADIF. Whe DXKeeper is running on some Windows 10 systems, this attempt fails because Windows reports "insufficient resources". Subsequent DXKeeper releases (16.1.4, 16.1.5, 16.1.9) include this same "expand Mode item capacity" functionality.

+ I have been able to "upgrade" every one of the logs affected by this using DXKeeper running on my Windows 7 system.

+ Every release note of every DXLab application includes a reference to documentation explaining how to revert to a previous version. For example, see note #4 in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/ReleaseNotes/1619.txt

"Reverting to a Previous Version of a DXLab Application" is available here:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RevertApplicationVersion

+ If you place your log file in a zip archive, attach the archive to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

+ I will expand its Mode field capacity for you, and send it back.

Dave, AA6YQ