Topics

Log Size

ekuebert

1.       Is there a practical upper limit on the DXKeeper database size. Mine is nearing 150,000 QSOs, and performance seems slow especially when using WSJT-x integrated into DXSpotCollector, DXKeeper, and DXView. I often, 20% of the time, miss QSO transfers between WSJT-X and DXKeeper.

2.       Is there a good strategy that maintains log up/download  (lotw, eQSL) status for splitting a log into verified confirmations and others so that DXCC and VUCC stats will be current in a much smaller log for everyday use, and also current in the larger log..

--
Ed, K5EK

K9MK

In your BIOS setup, is your Intel Power stepping turned off?

When I turning mine off the windows program interaction latency (as you described) all but dissapeared.

Mike K9MK

From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of ekuebert
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2019 9:32 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] Log Size

1.       Is there a practical upper limit on the DXKeeper database size. Mine is nearing 150,000 QSOs, and performance seems slow especially when using WSJT-x integrated into DXSpotCollector, DXKeeper, and DXView. I often, 20% of the time, miss QSO transfers between WSJT-X and DXKeeper.

2.       Is there a good strategy that maintains log up/download  (lotw, eQSL) status for splitting a log into verified confirmations and others so that DXCC and VUCC stats will be current in a much smaller log for everyday use, and also current in the larger log..

--
Ed, K5EK

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

1. Is there a practical upper limit on the DXKeeper database size.

+ The only limit is available storage space.

Mine is nearing 150,000 QSOs, and performance seems slow especially when using WSJT-x integrated into DXSpotCollector, DXKeeper, and DXView. I often, 20% of the time, miss QSO transfers between WSJT-X and DXKeeper.

+ What leads you to conclude that QSOs logged in WSJT-X are not being stored in DXKeeper?

+ Application performance on Windows is governed by a myriad of factors See the "Improving Performance" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/WindowsTricks>

2. Is there a good strategy that maintains log up/download (lotw, eQSL) status for splitting a log into verified confirmations and others so that DXCC and VUCC stats will be current in a much smaller log for everyday use, and also current in the larger log..

+ No. All QSOs made from the same DXCC entity should maintained in a single log. I suggest that you address the performance problem.

Dave, AA6YQ

Ed Kuebert

What leads you to conclude that QSOs logged in WSJT-X are not being stored in DXKeeper?

-       Two things lead me there. First, they do not show up in the DXKeeper display, and second, they do not show up as duplicates when I recover by importing the WSJT-X log file.

Ed, K5EK

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

What leads you to conclude that QSOs logged in WSJT-X are not being stored in DXKeeper?

- Two things lead me there. First, they do not show up in the DXKeeper display, and second, they do not show up as duplicates
when I recover by importing the WSJT-X log file.

+ Thanks. Are you using the configuration in which WSJT-X logs directly to DXLab, or are you using JTAlert?

Dave, AA6YQ

Ed Kuebert

I am using the configuration where WSJT-X logs directly to DXKeeper – NO JTAlert.

Ed, K5EK

Carl - WC4H

Hi Ed.

Years ago, I hosted a website for the Callbook (the Flying Horse - original).  I had the entire database in an access file.  That was about 1 million records back then and online look ups were virtually immediate.

150k records is nothing.

Carl - WC4H

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I am using the configuration where WSJT-X logs directly to DXKeeper - NO JTAlert.

+ OK. So I can see what's going on, please do the following at the beginning of your next FT8 or FT4 operating session:

1. On the General tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

2. When you direct WSJT-X to log a QSO but that QSO does not appear to have been logged by DXKeeper,

2a. On the General tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

2b. Attach the errorlog.txt file from your SpotCollector folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Dave, AA6YQ