Log Page Display Issue

Tom NS8K

Dave et al.

I've recently noticed an anomaly with the Log Page Display.

The sequence of events is:
1. Select QSL Tab
2. Select Sync LoTW QSOs
3. Return to main Log display by selecting Log QSOs Tab

At this point, a QSO record is selected (most recent in my configuration) and I cannot select any other QSO.  If I select the "X" to remove Filters (even though no Filter is active), the page resets and works normally.

This behavior is present in Rel 16.8.3 and 16.7.5.  It is not in Rel 16.6.3 and others I checked back to 16.5.5.

Tom - NS8K

Joe Subich, W4TV

This behavior is present in Rel 16.8.3 and 16.7.5. It is not in Rel 16.6.3 and others I checked back to 16.5.5.
This behavior has been present since DXKeeper added LotW support. Doing
"Sync LotW QSOs" sets a filter (confirmed by LotW) and a Sort (LotW Date
Rcvd). It is still possible to scroll the (filtered/sorted) log page
display ...

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-09-28 4:15 PM, Tom NS8K wrote:
Dave et al.
1. Select QSL Tab
2. Select Sync LoTW QSOs
At this point, a QSO record is selected (most recent in my configuration) and I cannot select any other QSO.  If I select the "X" to remove Filters (even though no Filter is active), the page resets and works normally.
This behavior is present in Rel 16.8.3 and 16.7.5.  It is not in Rel 16.6.3 and others I checked back to 16.5.5.
Tom - NS8K

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

1. Select QSL Tab
2. Select Sync LoTW QSOs

At this point, a QSO record is selected (most recent in my configuration) and I cannot select any other QSO. If I select the "X" to remove Filters (even though no Filter is active), the page resets and works normally.

+ I cannot replicate that behavior, Tom. When you say "I cannot select any other QSO", what action are you taking to attempt to select another QSO?

Dave, AA6YQ

Tom NS8K

This behavior has been present since DXKeeper added LotW support. Doing
"Sync LotW QSOs" sets a filter (confirmed by LotW) and a Sort (LotW Date
Rcvd). It is still possible to scroll the (filtered/sorted) log page
display ...
Joe, you may be thinking about Sync LoTW QSLs. Indeed that does set a filter as you described.  The problem is with Sync LoTW QSOs which does not.  There is no problem scrolling, just selecting a QSO record.

+ I cannot replicate that behavior, Tom. When you say "I cannot select any other QSO", what action are you taking to attempt to select another QSO?
Dave, I am selecting any other QSO record by just clicking on its row.  The top QSO stays selected and is not replaced.  I am setup for Descending Chronological Order which I think is different from your normal setup but may have nothing to do with the issue.

Tom - NS8K

Tom NS8K

By George, I just changed my sort criteria to Ascending and do not see the problem.  I never would have guessed!

Tom - NS8K

Joe Subich, W4TV

You are correct. "Sync QSOs" with (default) sort order set to
to Descending produces the symptoms you describe. Basically
the "top" QSO is selected and can not be unselected without
"clearing" the (phantom) filter.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-09-28 6:06 PM, Tom NS8K wrote:
By George, I just changed my sort criteria to Ascending and do not see the problem.  I never would have guessed!
Tom - NS8K

Dave AA6YQ

@ more AA6YQ comments below

Dave, I am selecting any other QSO record by just clicking on its row. The top QSO stays selected and is not replaced. I am setup for Descending Chronological Order which I think is different from your normal setup but may have nothing to do with the issue.

@ Thanks, Tom! Having the "Chronological Sort Order" set to Descending revealed the responsible defect. ! I have corrected this defect in the next version of DXKeeper, and sent it your way. Please let me know how it goes...

Dave, AA6YQ