Topics

lightening fried my computer

n5ba

Thunderstorm came through Wednesday. Nearby strike fried my computer and router.
My hard disk seems to have survived, but can't figure out how to get my stuff off the old
drive.  It's an old box, so it's time for a new PC.

Can I just copy CALL.mdb and re-download DXLab and copy that file to Documents and
carry on?  or is there a way to register the program on the old drive and do a back-up?

TNX for a great program
73
Brian  N5BA

Thunderstorm came through Wednesday. Nearby strike fried my computer and router.

+ Sorry to hear that.

My hard disk seems to have survived, but can't figure out how to get my stuff off the old drive. It's an old box, so it's time for a new PC.

+ Have backed up your settings and critical files, as recommended here?

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BackupRecovery>

Can I just copy CALL.mdb and re-download DXLab and copy that file to Documents and carry on? or is there a way to register the program on the old drive and do a back-up?

+ Ideally, you have backed up your settings and critical files, and can recover them as described in the above article. Otherwise, be thankful that you can recover your log file from your hard drive. Install the Launcher, and direct the Launcher to install the DXLab applications you use. Mount the surviving hard drive into your new computer, copy your log file to an appropriate drive on your new computer, and direct DXKeeper to open it. If you made custom versions of any databases or files (modes, sub-band definitions, satellites), copy those to your new computer, and configure the relevant DXLab applications to employ them.