Topics

Launcher Operation and Configuration

In the help file talking about using workspaces as a way to build and switch between several configuration this line occurs:
"terminate all DXLab applications except the Launcher; the Launcher's Terminate button is a convenient way to do this"
At the suggestion of a more experienced DXLab user, I do not run View or SpotCollector through the Launcher, rather, I leave them on all the time.  When I get ready for a radio session, I turn them off, invoke Launcher and after the other applications are loaded I load View and SC again individually so they communicate with Commander.
1.  The Terminate button obviously doesn't work in the case such as mine.  Perhaps there should be a master terminate button that would turn off all DXLab apps even if they weren't loaded through Launcher?
2.  Do you have any observations on the pros and cons of running DXLab suites which don't start and terminate through Launcher - am I engage in a bad practice?
--
Jim NO0B

Don Inbody AD0K

Why not start SC and DV from the launcher to leave them running. Then, when you begin operation, just click start to get the others going. When you subsequently click Terminate, it will shut down all applications.

Do not check "Shutdown after Terminate"

In the help file talking about using workspaces as a way to build and switch between several configuration this line occurs:
"terminate all DXLab applications except the Launcher; the Launcher's Terminate button is a convenient way to do this"
At the suggestion of a more experienced DXLab user, I do not run View or SpotCollector through the Launcher, rather, I leave them on all the time. When I get ready for a radio session, I turn them off, invoke Launcher and after the other applications are loaded I load View and SC again individually so they communicate with Commander.

1. The Terminate button obviously doesn't work in the case such as mine. Perhaps there should be a master terminate button that would turn off all DXLab apps even if they weren't loaded through Launcher?

+ You can use the Terminate button to terminate most of your DXLab applications, and manually terminate SpotCollector and DXView by clicking the X buttons in the upper-right corner of their Main windows.

2. Do you have any observations on the pros and cons of running DXLab suites which don't start and terminate through Launcher - am I engage in a bad practice?

+ You can start/terminate DXLab applications using whatever mechanism you find most convenient.