Topics

Last QSO not showing in DXView

Paul Kelliher

Formally when I would log a QSO in DXKeeper, either directly or through JTAlert (if I am logging an FT8 QSO), DXView would populate showing the callsign just logged as well as relevant data including the OE progress table. Since I upgraded to the most recent version of DXKeeper this no longer happens in DXView. Do I have to reset something in the new version of DXKeeper or JT Alert to recognize this update?

Paul Kelliher

Update - appears to happen only when logging with JTAlert. QSOs entered through Capture window of DXKeeper seem ok. I am new to JTAlert so does one have to reinstall or update JTAlert to get it to recognize an update to DxLabs?

On Oct 20, 2019, at 11:11 AM, Paul Kelliher <paulkelliher@...> wrote:

Formally when I would log a QSO in DXKeeper, either directly or through JTAlert (if I am logging an FT8 QSO), DXView would populate showing the callsign just logged as well as relevant data including the OE progress table. Since I upgraded to the most recent version of DXKeeper this no longer happens in DXView. Do I have to reset something in the new version of DXKeeper or JT Alert to recognize this update?

Formally when I would log a QSO in DXKeeper, either directly or through JTAlert (if I am logging an FT8 QSO), DXView would populate
showing the callsign just logged as well as relevant data including the OE progress table. Since I upgraded to the most recent
version of DXKeeper this no longer happens in DXView. Do I have to reset something in the new version of DXKeeper or JT Alert to
recognize this update?

+ Let's start with the basics. Please type the callsign OE6MBG into the call box in DXKeeper's Capture window, and then strike the
Enter or Tab key; does DXView show you OE5MGB's location, and your DXCC progress with OE?

https://www.avg.com

Paul Kelliher

No

On Oct 20, 2019, at 1:30 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Formally when I would log a QSO in DXKeeper, either directly or through JTAlert (if I am logging an FT8 QSO), DXView would populate
showing the callsign just logged as well as relevant data including the OE progress table. Since I upgraded to the most recent
version of DXKeeper this no longer happens in DXView. Do I have to reset something in the new version of DXKeeper or JT Alert to
recognize this update?

+ Let's start with the basics. Please type the callsign OE6MBG into the call box in DXKeeper's Capture window, and then strike the
Enter or Tab key; does DXView show you OE5MGB's location, and your DXCC progress with OE?

https://www.avg.com

Paul Kelliher

DXview is not effected at all. Still shows a callsign I entered directly into DXView when I was testing it.

On Oct 20, 2019, at 1:30 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Formally when I would log a QSO in DXKeeper, either directly or through JTAlert (if I am logging an FT8 QSO), DXView would populate
showing the callsign just logged as well as relevant data including the OE progress table. Since I upgraded to the most recent
version of DXKeeper this no longer happens in DXView. Do I have to reset something in the new version of DXKeeper or JT Alert to
recognize this update?

+ Let's start with the basics. Please type the callsign OE6MBG into the call box in DXKeeper's Capture window, and then strike the
Enter or Tab key; does DXView show you OE5MGB's location, and your DXCC progress with OE?

https://www.avg.com

Paul Kelliher

Appears DxKeeper and DxView are no longer communicating and, I was incorrect, it does not matter the source of the input, JTAlert or Capture window. I did the update to DXKeeper this morning when I signed on.

[...]

+ No, one need only properly configure JTAlert. Step-by-step instructions are here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesWithJTAlert>

Appears DxKeeper and DxView are no longer communicating and, I was incorrect, it does not matter the source of the input, JTAlert or Capture window. I did the update to DXKeeper this morning when I signed on.

+ Please reboot Windows, and then start DXKeeper and DXView. Do they now correctly interoperate?

Paul Kelliher

JTAlert appears to be properly configured and has been working fine for the last three months. Dave, the only thing different between last night when I shut down at 00:24 UTC and this morning was the installation of DXKeeper 15.2.2. After the installation and startup of DXKeeper, DXview, Pathfinder and SpotCollector I started WSJT-X and JTAlert I made an FT8 QSO at 10:51 UTC. That is when I noticed to issue. DXView showed my last QSO from 00:24 but did not change when I made my 10:51 QSO.

I then went to the Capture window and hit the “Clear” button but DXView is not responding to that action. I have done nothing except what I outlined above and have not changed any settings in DXLabs, WSJT-X nor JTAlert from what they were last night when I shut down.

Paul NF1G

On Oct 20, 2019, at 2:08 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Update - appears to happen only when logging with JTAlert. QSOs entered through Capture window of DXKeeper seem ok. I am new to JTAlert so does one have to reinstall or update JTAlert to get it to recognize an update to DxLabs?

+ No, one need only properly configure JTAlert. Step-by-step instructions are here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesWithJTAlert>

Paul Kelliher

Will reboot

On Oct 20, 2019, at 2:13 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ My "properly configure JT-Alert" suggestion was made after you posted that DXKeeper and DXView were correctly interoperating, and that only logging QSOs from JTAlert was failing to update DXView.

+ Did you configure your firewall and anti-malware to consider the new version of DXKeeper to be "safe", as suggested in the DXKeeper 15.2.2 release note?

+ Did you reboot Windows as I suggested?

Paul Kelliher

Dave,

Yes I rebooted and all appears good. Sorry I did not think of that!! Thanks for your help once again.

Paul

+ AA6YQ comments below