Topics

Kx3 and commander

Robert galambos

Ok.

So I am trying to get dxlab's commander to work with an kx3.

I followed the wiki page about kx3 and commander, but to no avail.

Commander is not showing anything. I turned on 'ACC1' to ON in the menu, and confirmed that the comm port (com4) is specified within commander. That should be ok, but nothing.

Grrrrrr

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

So I am trying to get dxlab's commander to work with an kx3.

I followed the wiki page about kx3 and commander, but to no avail.

Commander is not showing anything. I turned on 'ACC1' to ON in the menu, and confirmed that the comm port (com4) is specified within commander. That should be ok, but nothing.

+ Please do the following:

1. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

2. terminate Commander

3. set your KX3 to 14200 in USB

4. start Commander

5. wait 1 minute

6. using your KX3's front panel, QSY to 14205 in LSB

7. using Commander's Main window, set the frequency to 14005

8. using Commander's Main window, set the mode to CW

9. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

10. attach the errorlog.txt file from your Commander folder to an email message, and send the email message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

neil_zampella

FYI ... my KX3 settings are as follows:

38400, 8, N, 2.    DTR & RTS set to none.    The interrogation interval
I have set is 50.

Neil, KN3ILZ

+ AA6YQ comments below

https://www.avg.com