Topics

Kids, help on submission

Robert galambos

Ok, with no comment.....
My 7 year old niece was playing my laptop (when we were not on lockdown).. I think most of you know the end results. The end result she set WAS qsl as submitted and then cleared the panel.

I tried creating an sal to set it back to N ( I believe that is the state it should be before my 'jr' in training, never to touch anything with me there, operator

Can one help me to reset all eligible qso from 1/1/2020

Thanks

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
M: +1-416-876-2979
H:  +1-416-227-1414
E:   va3bxg@...
WL: va3bxg@...

When all else fails

Dave AA6YQ

AA6YQ comments below
Ok, with no comment.....
My 7 year old niece was playing my laptop (when we were not on lockdown).. I think most of you know the end results. The end result she set WAS qsl as submitted and then cleared the panel.
+ I don't understand what "set WAS qsl as submitted" means. Please explain.

+ Which panel was cleared?

I tried creating an sal to set it back to N ( I believe that is the state it should be before my 'jr' in training, never to touch anything with me there, operator
+ I don't understand what does "creating an sal to set it back to N" means. Please explain.

Can one help me to reset all eligible qso from 1/1/2020

+ I don't understand what "reset all eligible qso from 1/1/2020" means. Please explain,

Robert galambos

Given I do not know which qsl have been changed by my niece, I do not know from which date she 'submitted' from

I assume that it was qso dated after Jan 1st.

The ask is to create an sql (spell check change that to sal in previous email)  to reset the indicator back to not submitted. ( I assume that is an 'N') from any qso that were logged Jan 1 2020 and afterwards

Written English is not that great. Sorry

Given I do not know which qsl have been changed by my niece, I do not know from which date she 'submitted' from

I assume that it was qso dated after Jan 1st.

The ask is to create an sql (spell check change that to sal in previous email) to reset the indicator back to not submitted. ( I assume that is an 'N') from any qso that were logged Jan 1 2020 and afterwards

+ Do you have a log backup that you can restore?

Robert galambos

Yes I do. But a number of entries have been entered before I realized I had an issue

:-(

Yes I do. But a number of entries have been entered before I realized I had an issue

+ Since you don't know what damage was done to your current log, I suggest that you

1. manually review and correct the QSOs in your current log made after the date of your last backup

2. export an ADIF file containing the corrected QSOs in your current log made after the date of your last backup

3. terminate DXKeeper

4. rename your current log file by appending _DAMAGED to its filename, e.g. VA3BXG_DAMAGED.mdb

5. make a copy of your last backup file, and name the copy VA3BXG.mdb

6. start DXKeeper

7. direct DXKeeper to open VA3BXG

8. direct DXKeeper to import the ADIF file you created in step 3 above