K3 - SWR info on Commander

F5PHW Phil BERGER

Hello Dave

3 years ago, N6KR sent you request about SWR info from K3 in Commander.

At the end of this post, there is no retur from K3.

I just checked today if it works, and I found a result.

K3 returns the last measure during last Tune or last Transmit.

In attached file we can see two measures :

P 2325@...> SW;
P 2326@...< SW000;
P 2327@...> SW;
P 2328@...< SW014;

The first, there were no transmit or tune before, so it is 000
The second was just after a short tune : SW014  = 1.4

Do you think if it will be possible to add this feature in Commander.

Many thanks and sorry if this question has been already asked.

Happy Easter from France

73

F5PHW Phil

3 years ago, N6KR sent you request about SWR info from K3 in Commander.

At the end of this post, there is no retur from K3.

I just checked today if it works, and I found a result.

K3 returns the last measure during last Tune or last Transmit.

In attached file we can see two measures :

P 2325@...> SW;
P 2326@...< SW000;
P 2327@...> SW;
P 2328@...< SW014;

The first, there were no transmit or tune before, so it is 000
The second was just after a short tune : SW014  = 1.4

Do you think if it will be possible to add this feature in Commander.

+ Thanks, Phil. Some questions:

1. in what version of K3 firmware was this capability introduced?

2. which K3 models support it?

3. where is the documentation for the SW; command?

F5PHW Phil BERGER

Dave

Tnx for quick answer (As usual ...)

It's a K3 not K3S
Versions of all firmwares inside :
MCU : 5.67
FPF 1.26
DSP1 2.88
DSP2 2.88
I think MCU firmware is the most important for you.

This is what I found in the Firmware release notes

K3 MCU 5.66 / DSP 2.88 / FPF 1.26, 11-28-2018

* ADDED SWR READ COMMAND:  "SW;" returns the most recent SWR reading in transmit or TUNE mode, e.g. "SW023;" for an SWR of 2.3:1. Max value returned is "SW99;" (SWR = 99.9:1).

I have no documentation command for SW. Only below.

73

F5PHW Phil

Web page on http://f5phw.free.fr
F5PHW on FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/phil.berger.75
WX in Nostang :
http://www.nostang.meteoamikuze.com/index.html
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IBRETAGN147

3 years ago, N6KR sent you request about SWR info from K3 in Commander.

At the end of this post, there is no retur from K3.

I just checked today if it works, and I found a result.

K3 returns the last measure during last Tune or last Transmit.

In attached file we can see two measures :

P 2325@...> SW;
P 2326@...< SW000;
P 2327@...> SW;
P 2328@...< SW014;

The first, there were no transmit or tune before, so it is 000
The second was just after a short tune : SW014  = 1.4

Do you think if it will be possible to add this feature in Commander.

+ Thanks, Phil. Some questions:

1. in what version of K3 firmware was this capability introduced?

2. which K3 models support it?

3. where is the documentation for the SW; command?

Greg

Dave

The command is documented, just a couple of lines, in the K3 Programmer's manual, Page 24; available at

https://ftp.elecraft.com/K3S/Manuals%20Downloads/K3S&K3&KX3&KX2%20Pgmrs%20Ref,%20G5.pdf

Cheers

Greg VK3VT

On 03/04/2021 19:02, F5PHW Phil BERGER wrote:
[...]

+ Thanks, Greg!

[...]

________________________________

3 years ago, N6KR sent you request about SWR info from K3 in Commander.

https://groups.io/g/DXLab/topic/new_kx2_kx3_k3_k3s_command/28313835?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,40,28313835

At the end of this post, there is no retur from K3.

I just checked today if it works, and I found a result.

K3 returns the last measure during last Tune or last Transmit.

In attached file we can see two measures :

P 2325@...> SW;
P 2326@...< SW000;
P 2327@...> SW;
P 2328@...< SW014;

The first, there were no transmit or tune before, so it is 000
The second was just after a short tune : SW014 = 1.4

Do you think if it will be possible to add this feature in Commander.

+ Thanks, Phil. Some questions:

1. in what version of K3 firmware was this capability introduced?

2. which K3 models support it?

3. where is the documentation for the SW; command?

Phil, I've sent you and Greg VK3VT a new version of Commander that when controlling a K3, KX3, or KX2 whose firmware supports the SW command displays the SWR in the Main window's VFO A panel while transmitting.

Please let me know how it goes...

Tnx for quick answer (As usual ...)

It's a K3 not K3S
Versions of all firmwares inside :
MCU : 5.67
FPF 1.26
DSP1 2.88
DSP2 2.88
I think MCU firmware is the most important for you.

This is what I found in the Firmware release notes

K3 MCU 5.66 / DSP 2.88 / FPF 1.26, 11-28-2018

* ADDED SWR READ COMMAND: "SW;" returns the most recent SWR reading in transmit or TUNE mode, e.g. "SW023;" for an SWR of 2.3:1. Max value returned is "SW99;" (SWR = 99.9:1).

I have no documentation command for SW. Only below.

F5PHW Phil BERGER

Dave

Just made it.

Great.