ITU Zones with leading 0 (Zero)?

Norm - KC1BMD

For some reason after importing my HRD logbook into DXK I noticed that some ITU Zones that would ordinarily have a single digit contain a leading 0 (zero). There are no errors shown when pulling up the QSO in DXK., Is that going to cause any issues down the line for anything? If so, can someone suggest and easy way to search for these and correct them?
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

Dave AA6YQ

For some reason after importing my HRD logbook into DXK I noticed that some ITU Zones that would ordinarily have a single digit contain a leading 0 (zero). There are no errors shown when pulling up the QSO in DXK., Is that going to cause any issues down the line for anything?

+ Not that I know of.

If so, can someone suggest and easy way to search for these and correct them?

+ To change ITU Zone 01 to 1, en masse,

1. backup your log (Configuration window, Log tab, Backup button)

2. filter the Log Page Display with

ITUX='01'

3. use the "Modify QSOs" panel on the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window to change the CQZ items in each QSO in the Log Page Display to

1

+ Repeat the above steps for the other 9 single-digit ITU zones.

73,

Dave,

Norm - KC1BMD

Thanks Dave!
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 10:24 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

For some reason after importing my HRD logbook into DXK I noticed that some ITU Zones that would ordinarily have a single digit contain a leading 0 (zero). There are no errors shown when pulling up the QSO in DXK., Is that going to cause any issues down the line for anything?

+ Not that I know of.
Me neither. The vast majority of my logged QSOs with zones 1-9 do not
have the leading zero, but some do. I can't imagine it mattering for
anything of significance.

If so, can someone suggest and easy way to search for these and correct them?

+ To change ITU Zone 01 to 1, en masse,

1. backup your log (Configuration window, Log tab, Backup button)

2. filter the Log Page Display with

ITUX='01'
I think you meant "ITUZ".

73,

~iain / N6ML

3. use the "Modify QSOs" panel on the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window to change the CQZ items in each QSO in the Log Page Display to

1

+ Repeat the above steps for the other 9 single-digit ITU zones.

Norm - KC1BMD

Thanks Iain, I had understood in step 2 to use "ITUZ" instead of "ITUX" and also in step 3 not "CQZ" since I was modifying IT Zones. Easy enough to do.
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

For some reason after importing my HRD logbook into DXK I noticed that some ITU Zones that would ordinarily have a single digit contain a leading 0 (zero). There are no errors shown when pulling up the QSO in DXK., Is that going to cause any issues down the line for anything?

+ Not that I know of.
Me neither. The vast majority of my logged QSOs with zones 1-9 do not have the leading zero, but some do. I can't imagine it mattering for anything of significance.

If so, can someone suggest and easy way to search for these and correct them?

+ To change ITU Zone 01 to 1, en masse,

1. backup your log (Configuration window, Log tab, Backup button)

2. filter the Log Page Display with

ITUX='01'
I think you meant "ITUZ".

+ Yes, I meant ITUZ. My telepathic keyboard doesn't handle QRN well.

+ In followup, DXKeeper imports <CQZ:2>02 as the single digit 2, and <ITUZ:2>01 as the single digit 1 -- so however Norm got leading zeroes in his CQZ and ITUZ items, it wasn't by importing them from an ADIF file.

Joe Subich, W4TV

+ In followup, DXKeeper imports <CQZ:2>02 as the single digit 2, and <ITUZ:2>01 as the single digit 1 -- so however Norm got leading zeroes in his CQZ and ITUZ items, it wasn't by importing them from an
ADIF file.
I have 79 such entries in my log - all of them are confirmed via LotW.
I suspect DXKeeper dutifully updated the entry from the LotW downloads.

I looked at one such call and the LotW "Details" shows:
"ITU Zone 08 (Inferred; user did not specify zone)"

On 2021-03-21 9:14 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Thanks Dave and Joe for the follow-up. I only saw the leading zeros with ITU Zone (not CQ Zone) and the majority were "07", "08". I edited them but understand they might come back depending on how updates from LoTW might affect it later.

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

+ In followup, DXKeeper imports <CQZ:2>02 as the single digit 2, and
<ITUZ:2>01 as the single digit 1 -- so however Norm got leading zeroes
in his CQZ and ITUZ items, it wasn't by importing them from an ADIF
file.
I have 79 such entries in my log - all of them are confirmed via LotW.
I suspect DXKeeper dutifully updated the entry from the LotW downloads.

I looked at one such call and the LotW "Details" shows:
"ITU Zone 08 (Inferred; user did not specify zone)"

+ Thanks, Joe. Your hypothesis is correct: LoTW is reporting both CQ zones and ITU zones with a leading zero, but DXKeeper is failing to remove the leading zero from the ITU zone before saving it in a QSO that did not specify an ITU zone.

+ I will correct this in the next version of DXKeeper. That next version will also include a script that users can run to eliminate the leading zeros in ITU zones.

+ The WITU progress report does correctly interpret ITU zones in logged QSOs that have a leading zero.