Topics

Issues upon Relocating DxLab to new PC

Nigel ZL2DF

Greetings Dave and the Group

Am relocating the DXLab Suite to a new PC for the fourth time since the initial installation in 2004.      While I have maintained it on a PC I have been inactive over the last 9 years and not logged a call during this time.     Now I am now active again.   Operating system is Windows 10 Pro.

I have followed (I believe) the steps in “Relocating the DXLab Applications from One PC to Another” and all applications install and open.       There was an error message associated with Pathfinder / qrz.com and some other questions.

Q1. When loading a new Workspace I now get a Registry Editor warning for each of the applications asking “Do you want this app to make changes to your device  Yes or No”.    I have accepted “Yes” for each.      Is there a setting to avoid this?      Is it best to leave the warning as a reminder?

Q2. The Workspace list contains 4 I had previously set up together with the Relocation Backup from the 2012 and the most recent RelocationBackup.    Is there any downside in deleting these once things are running smoothly?

The Pathfinder / qrz.com issue gave Script error messages at the opening of Pathfinder and when the ‘Logon’ button to qrz.com is pressed on the Pathfinder Configuration page.

However while writing this email I was reading the Pathfinder help file and after updating the Windows Explorer Emulation setting, the problem has cleared😊

I also notice that the “ZL CB” for a ZL callsign produces an error. “Unexpected error: list index out of range”.    I can remember testing this feature when it was 1st implemented.     I suspect changes to the Radio Spectrum Management website have broken the scripts.

https://rrf.rsm.govt.nz/smart-web/smart/page/-smart/domain/licence/SearchCertificateAndIdentifierPage.wdk?showExit=Yes

The names and addresses are still accessible but it is now three stage process to get both the name and the address.    Perhaps it could be made like the VK CB.

73, Nigel ZL2DF    

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Am relocating the DXLab Suite to a new PC for the fourth time since the initial installation in 2004. While I have maintained it on a PC I have been inactive over the last 9 years and not logged a call during this time. Now I am now active again. Operating system is Windows 10 Pro.

I have followed (I believe) the steps in “Relocating the DXLab Applications from One PC to Another” and all applications install and open. There was an error message associated with Pathfinder / qrz.com and some other questions.

Q1. When loading a new Workspace I now get a Registry Editor warning for each of the applications asking “Do you want this app to make changes to your device Yes or No”. I have accepted “Yes” for each. Is there a setting to avoid this? Is it best to leave the warning as a reminder?

+ That's Windows 10's improved security. There's probably a way to disable the warnings; if Googling doesn’t provide an effective answer, I suggest that you contact Microsoft Support.

Q2. The Workspace list contains 4 I had previously set up together with the Relocation Backup from the 2012 and the most recent RelocationBackup. Is there any downside in deleting these once things are running smoothly?

+ When things are running smoothly, create and populate a new Workspace, and then make a backup copy. Then delete all the Workspaces you created to support "PC relocation".

The Pathfinder / qrz.com issue gave Script error messages at the opening of Pathfinder and when the ‘Logon’ button to qrz.com is pressed on the Pathfinder Configuration page.

However while writing this email I was reading the Pathfinder help file and after updating the Windows Explorer Emulation setting, the problem has cleared.

+ Good!

I also notice that the “ZL CB” for a ZL callsign produces an error. “Unexpected error: list index out of range”. I can remember testing this feature when it was 1st implemented. I suspect changes to the Radio Spectrum Management website have broken the scripts.

https://rrf.rsm.govt.nz/smart-web/smart/page/-smart/domain/licence/SearchCertificateAndIdentifierPage.wdk?showExit=Yes

+ Yes, the website has changed, and you are the first to report it. The URL you've provided requires that the callsign be split into 2 parts in order to launch a query.

+ This URL appears to support a "search by full callsign", but your callsign and every other NZ callsign I try yields "Your search returned no results":

https://rrf.rsm.govt.nz/smart-web/smart/page/-smart/domain/licence/SelectLicencePage.wdk

Can you contact someone in Radio Spectrum Management and ask how to perform a search by full callsign?

Dave, AA6YQ

Nigel ZL2DF

I will make some enquires with Radio Spectrum Management.
73, Nigel ZL2DF