Topics

ISSUE LOADING WORKSPACE INCORRECTLY?

Steve / W1SMC

When I launch DXLabLauncher to start my session everything appears to be working okay except in my Launcher window the name of the workspace is NOT the workspace name I expect to see.

I save all of my workspaces to J:\savefiles\Amateur Radio\DXLab\Workspaces and there are 4 saved workspaces in this folder.  The workspace I want to load is W1SMC-WS-201121.  However the workspace
showing on the Launcher is WS: W1SMC-WS-201010.

I believe I have followed the instructions below correctly to have the Launcher read and load the workspace I want.

I launch DXLabLauncher via s shortcut on my START Menu and have updated the Properties Target with the value below.  I have enclosed my updates within double quotes because there are spaces in the file
location name.  

C:\DXLab\Launcher\DXLabLauncher.exe "J:\savefiles\Amateur Radio\DXLab\Workspaces\W1SMC-WS-201121"

Here's the error In Error Log

GetstringSetting,  Section = Workspaces, Key = WorkspaceFolderPath, Result = J:\savefiles\Amateur Radio\DXLab\Workspaces
2020-11-21 13:53:34.946 >    ArrangeRoot = J:\savefiles\Amateur Radio\DXLab\Workspaces
2020-11-21 13:53:34.970 > frmArrange.Form_Load complete
2020-11-21 13:53:34.974 > DXLogSetup.Form_Load: activating Workspace from Command Line: J:\savefiles\Amateur Radio\DXLab\Workspaces\W1SMC-WS-201121
2020-11-21 13:53:34.978 > frmArrange.ActivateWorkspace: J:\savefiles\Amateur Radio\DXLab\Workspaces\W1SMC-WS-201121
2020-11-21 13:53:34.984 > program error 52 in module frmArrange.ActivateWorkspace: Bad file name or number

Help Information

file:///C:/DXLab/Launcher/Help/RegistrySettings.htm

Specifying a Workspace from which Windows Registry Settings are to be Loaded When the Launcher is Started via a Desktop Icon or Batch File If you start the Launcher via a batch file or a desktop icon, 
appending the name of a Workspace to the command line will cause the Launcher to load Windows Registry settings from that Workspace on startup. If the name of the workspace includes spaces, 
enclose the Workspace name with double-quote characters, e.g. "contest settings".

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

When I launch DXLabLauncher to start my session everything appears to be working okay except in my Launcher window the name of the workspace is NOT the workspace name I expect to see.

I save all of my workspaces to J:\savefiles\Amateur Radio\DXLab\Workspaces and there are 4 saved workspaces in this folder.  The workspace I want to load is W1SMC-WS-201121.  However the workspace
showing on the Launcher is WS: W1SMC-WS-201010.

I believe I have followed the instructions below correctly to have the Launcher read and load the workspace I want.

I launch DXLabLauncher via s shortcut on my START Menu and have updated the Properties Target with the value below.  I have enclosed my updates within double quotes because there are spaces in the file
location name.  

C:\DXLab\Launcher\DXLabLauncher.exe "J:\savefiles\Amateur Radio\DXLab\Workspaces\W1SMC-WS-201121"

Here's the error In Error Log

GetstringSetting,  Section = Workspaces, Key = WorkspaceFolderPath, Result = J:\savefiles\Amateur Radio\DXLab\Workspaces
2020-11-21 13:53:34.946 >    ArrangeRoot = J:\savefiles\Amateur Radio\DXLab\Workspaces
2020-11-21 13:53:34.970 > frmArrange.Form_Load complete
2020-11-21 13:53:34.974 > DXLogSetup.Form_Load: activating Workspace from Command Line: J:\savefiles\Amateur Radio\DXLab\Workspaces\W1SMC-WS-201121
2020-11-21 13:53:34.978 > frmArrange.ActivateWorkspace: J:\savefiles\Amateur Radio\DXLab\Workspaces\W1SMC-WS-201121
2020-11-21 13:53:34.984 > program error 52 in module frmArrange.ActivateWorkspace: Bad file name or number

Help Information

file:///C:/DXLab/Launcher/Help/RegistrySettings.htm

Specifying a Workspace from which Windows Registry Settings are to be Loaded When the Launcher is Started via a Desktop Icon or Batch File If you start the Launcher via a batch file or a desktop icon, 
appending the name of a Workspace to the command line will cause the Launcher to load Windows Registry settings from that Workspace on startup. If the name of the workspace includes spaces, 
enclose the Workspace name with double-quote characters, e.g. "contest settings".

+ The message "Bad file name or number" is coming from Windows when the Launcher attempts to access

J:\savefiles\Amateur Radio\DXLab\Workspaces\W1SMC-WS-201121

+ So either that folder does not exist, or the Launcher is being prevented from accessing it.

Dave, AA6YQ

Steve / W1SMC

Thanks Dave .....

I finally had to use the default Workspace folder.  This works fine.