Is this possible 101d,RTL SDR TO cw Skimmer

Cody <kc2lsd@...>

I’m new to this group. I want to know if it’s possible to us the Rx out of my 101d to my RTL SDR, and that go into CW Skimmer. I had this running with another program, but I just can’t get it to decode. I already have commander tracking my radio, but that’s a far I was able to go using the help files.

Thanks
COdy

I’m new to this group.
+ Welcome to DXLab, Cody!

I want to know if it’s possible to us the Rx out of my 101d to my RTL SDR, and that go into CW Skimmer. I had this running with another program, but I just can’t get it to decode. I already have commander tracking my radio, but that’s a far I was able to go using the help files.

+ Whether a Yaesu FT-101D provides an IF output that can drive an RTL SDR, and whether CW Skimmer can work with an RTL SDR are questions entirely unrelated to any DXLab application; thus you should not expect to find answer to these questions in DXLab documentation.

+ It's possible that one or more ops here have worked with those products and can answer your questions. If not, I suggest that you contact Yaesu Technical Support for an answer to your first question, and Alex VE3NEA (the developer of CW Skimmer) for an answer to your second question.

Cody <kc2lsd@...>

Thank You
Cody

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2022-07-02 11:43 PM, Cody via groups.io wrote:
I had this running with another program, but I just can’t get it to decode. I already have commander tracking my radio, but that’s a far I was able to go using the help files.
Cody,

See:
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SDRConsoleCWSkimmerConfiguration>

The "RX OUT" port on the FTdx101D/MP is functionally identical to the
RX ANT port on the "splitter" shown in the block diagram.

You can ignore the "SDR Console" block (or treat it as whatever control
software the RTL SDR uses) and connect the CW Skimmer "IF" connection to
your RTL SDR by whatever means you normally use. As Dave suggests,
contact VE3NEA if you have any questions about connecting CW Skimmer
to the RTL SDR.