Is dxlabsuite.com down ?

Here in Italy www.dxlabsuite.com is not reachable.
DNS say IP 96.225.31.9
is this correct????

+ 96.225.31.9 is the correct IP address. The fact that you cannot connect to it means that there is a connectivity problem between your QTH and the internet. As I posted here, that's not a problem that anyone here can correct. I suggest that you contact your internet service provider.

I6KZR

HI Dave,
Here in Italy the site is perfectly connectable and can be used normally.

73,
Renzo,  i6kzr

Il dom 4 dic 2022, 21:00 Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> ha scritto:
+ AA6YQ comments below
Here in Italy www.dxlabsuite.com is not reachable.
DNS say IP 96.225.31.9
is this correct????

+ 96.225.31.9 is the correct IP address. The fact that you cannot connect to it means that there is a connectivity problem between your QTH and the internet. As I posted here, that's not a problem that anyone here can correct. I suggest that you contact your internet service provider.

Here in Italy the site is perfectly connectable and can be used normally.

+ Thanks, Renzo!

Berry VK2FIG <vk2fig@...>

Mike and all, I'm one of the folks that hasn't been able to access the website for a few weeks.
Can't connect on my go to browser or in TOR.
Can connect using a VPN and on an android phone.
Looks like I might need to invest in a VPN for the shack computer.
Berry VK2FIG

Mike and all, I'm one of the folks that hasn't been able to access the website for a few weeks.
Can't connect on my go to browser or in TOR.
Can connect using a VPN and on an android phone.
Looks like I might need to invest in a VPN for the shack computer

+ I suggest that you first ask your Internet Service Provider why you cannot access www.dxlabsuite.com

+ This appears to be a regional problem. One poster reported that he could not access the site from Italy, but another reported that he had no problem from Italy.

Mike Dower

Here's an update on the recent unreachability of the DXLabs suite website.

Late last week I emailed our ISP providing the URL and server IP address, asking the ISP if they were blocking it, and if so then why.

This morning DXLab reported that updates were available, and they were successfully downloaded.

I doubt that the "Blue Cable Brigade" at our ISP will tell us what was wrong or why, but anyway the main point is everything is working again.

Thanks to everyone for your troubleshooting suggestions.

Mike VK2IG

dl8le

I am using a VPN to a German server and it is still not possible to update apps or databases via the launcher, but I can manually download the app and database updates from dxlabsuite.com and install manually (just did it for DXK 16.9.8 and USAP, IOTA and LotW). But this takes time.

Even without VPN it is possible to download the files at my present location in China and install them manually, but it is not possible to do this via the launcher (distribution site dxlabsuite, but ambersoft doesn't work either). There is always the time out message (same as with VPN).

I have changed the VPN  to other servers but same as with my favourite VPN (see above). So it might be that a different time out setting in the update routine might help for very poor internet connections. But something has changed, several weeks before even in China I had not any problem in doing the updates

73

Juergen, DL8LE

[...]

+ The internet is not centrally controlled. Some countries dislike this state of affairs, and erect firewalls to limit internet traffic. I do not have the ability or time to debug internet connectivity failures. So long as most DXLab users are able to access www.dxlabsuite.com, access problems encountered by a few DXLab users have to be the result of problems caused by the local Internet Service Provider or government.

+ If making a change to your internet access hardware or software (e.g. cable modem, router, VPN) prevents you from accessing a site you could previously access, then logically that change was the likely cause. If you're operating from a country that is known to maintain an internet firewall, do not be surprised if access to www.dxlabsuite.com is intermittent.