Is anyone using Brother a P-Touch Label Printer for QSO labels?

Howard Waxman, WZ4K

I have mastered using Avery labels on my laser printer for QSL Labels and wonder if anyone has succeeded using a Brother P-Touch for printing QSL Labels. My only 'frustration' with using label sheets is accounting for already used labels on the sheet - not a big deal but it would be nice to just not have to think about how many labels have been used. The P-touch would just print the number of desired labels in succession, one at-a-time and be ready for the next print job without worry. 73, Howard

Phil Cooper

Howard and the group,

I have a Brother P-Touch here, and use it for address labels in a personal capacity, rather than for any QSL operations.

But, I have noticed that when used to make a label for a folder, or something to be kept here, the labels do fade after a while. I suspect this is down to the fact that they use some form of thermographic print, rather than a true ink.

This fact has stopped me from using these labels to stick on QSL cards, as I would hate for them to fade before they could be submitted for a DXCC claim.

And is someone wanted to keep the card for posterity, again, it would be a shame if it faded within a year or so.

I would be very interested to know if anyone has used these labels extensively, and whether you have had any feedback on their durability.

Best 73

Phil GU0SUP