Topics

Invoking a Commander Command Sequence from within a Command Sequence

Mike Flowers

Hello All,

As I experiment and continue to refine my Commander command sequences, I have arrived at a point at which it would be very handy to be able to invoke a command sequence from within another command sequence.

I have command sequence #27 for setting my K3 to 20W RF output:

'PC020;MN255;

<led 25:26, white>

<led 28:29, white>

<led 27,green>

I have a series of command sequences that I use to set the K3 up to run FT8 on each band.   I would like to set the K3 RF output to 20W with each band change.

I could append the commands from command sequence #27 to each of my band/FT8 command sequences, but I’m wondering if command sequence #27 could be invoked by each of the band/FT8 command sequences.

Thanks!

As I experiment and continue to refine my Commander command sequences, I
have arrived at a point at which it would be very handy to be able to invoke
a command sequence from within another command sequence.

I have command sequence #27 for setting my K3 to 20W RF output:

'PC020;MN255;
<led 25:26, white>
<led 28:29, white>
<led 27,green>

I have a series of command sequences that I use to set the K3 up to run FT8
on each band.   I would like to set the K3 RF output to 20W with each band
change.

I could append the commands from command sequence #27 to each of my band/FT8
command sequences, but I’m wondering if command sequence #27 could be
invoked by each of the band/FT8 command sequences.

+ I have not provided the ability for one sequence to invoke another because
of the complex sequence executions this ability would enable. Without
debugging tools -- like the ability to step through the execution of a
sequence one command at a time -- such sequences would be difficult to
manage.

Mike Flowers

I rather thought this might be your reasoning, Dave.

I wanted to be certain I hadn’t missed something obvious.

Thanks.

-- 73 de Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Aug 5, 2020, at 8:46 AM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Jim Wysocki

On 8/5/2020 8:53 AM, Mike Flowers wrote:
[...]

Mike, you could also program a PF key to send the PC020 command when it's pressed.  That's nice and simple.  I use the PF1 key for this purpose.

73,  Jim  W9FI

Mike Flowers

Hi Jim,

That’s a great suggestion.

I have a bit of housekeeping to do within Commander, setting the LEDs to reflect the 20W selection, so I’ll just do the appends.

I’ll definitely remember your suggestion for the future!!